Make a donation

Author Topic: extreme newbie help pleeze  (Read 5395 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: extreme newbie help pleeze
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 12:34:02 pm »
Sorry - use microfibre for everything - If you use none microfibre you run the risk of scratching and marring the paint

Really? I was told not to use MF as it's supposed to be designed for cleaning and therefore is good as removing stuff, which isn't what you want with a polish when applying.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 28
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 06:40:44 pm »
Yep - it's best to use microfibre for everything really...  what you take off the surface, whether it's a polish, a wax or a glaze, after you've applied it is excess so your polish will have already done the job that it's supposed to when it's rubbed or machined in and therefore you're only removing what's left.

If you're using anything other than a microfibre, you're running the risk of scratching what you've just done - for example if you machine polish a wing to remove the sractches and you then buff with a microfibre you won't harm the paintwork that you've just corrected, however, if you take a non-microfibre cloth, you run the risk of undoing the correction work, and this applies with whatever process you're doing, even drying the vehicle.

:happy2:

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 08:21:03 pm »
thanks jim
youve been very helpful.

i did the full works on the GF's mondeo today- really pleased with the result.
i just washed an d used the aqua wax on mine BUT i,m not happy with the results. its abit smeary and everytime i did a bit that had water it just hazed everything around it.

is there an alternative weekly routine i can do to keep the result i got last week on mine and this week on the mondeo estate?

thanks again for helping a keen but dim newbie :ashamed:

matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 03:59:32 pm »
Hi Matsu,

Sounds to me like you might be using a bit too much product - if you're getting hazing and smearing the product isn't being removed completely... maybe you could try using less product, or alternatively, instead of using the Aquawax invest in a carnauba type wax, which will give much longer durability and protection as well additional gloss, and would only require washing and drying once a week to keep it looking tip-top and then maybe applying the wax once a month.

If you like the idea of a spray-type detailer-come-wax then maybe a spray sealant such as Dodo Juice Red Mist may be a better alternative for you.

Hope this helps

Jim  :happy2:

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 09:20:44 am »
yep that sounds like me if some is good then more is beta lol

i,ll try using less on sunday or could i just re use the megs3 instead ??

i,ll research the dod red mist tho fanx

thanks again for you help.
matsu

keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 12:36:35 pm »
The Aquawax is a good product so I'd suggest perservering with it to see if the results are better when less is used, but the Red Mist would be the best alternative if you're not happy with it.

:happy2: