Make a donation

Author Topic: New Guy - Essex.  (Read 2812 times)

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
New Guy - Essex.
« on: July 24, 2011, 10:15:36 am »
Hi there peoples!

Im new to the GTi scene, i've just got my hands on a 56 plate, silver 5 door - every extra expt sat nav (But full colour coded)

MKV Golf GTi, only covered 19k miles, full VW service history!  Car is mint and the clutch or the car isn't even run in yet!

I know the car hasn't been abused seeing as it was my parents and they never used it! i used it more than them.
i swapped the GTI for my 2003 E46 M3 vert, seeing as they needed my M3 for a trade in on and Range rover sport (Another car for me to add miles too  :laugh:)

so i got theres! (Main reason being mum was is a 5 car pile up on maldon road, but she was in her mate range rover freelander and is now convinced she wants a range rover seeing as they were the only 2 people that walked away!)

Well few thing about me:

Location: Colchester - Essex (No i dont look or sound like "The only way is essex"  :signLOL:
Car: 56 Plate Silver 5 door GTI
Recent cars:
* Mk1 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Slammed, rims, miltek.
* 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i SE - Standard
* 2003 Facelift BMW M3, Carbon black Vert - Every extra! - Standard

General info:
I go to quite a few car cruises and meets, normally down lakeside (Thurrock) on a saturday, on week days normally parked and Tolgate (Stanway) chatting to mates and just talking about cars  :smiley:

Anyway, will upload photos when ive got some and i'll guess i'll finish my intro with a massive HELLO and a mods list :)

Mods:
BBS LM/BBS RS GT ( Reps )
Carbon engine cover
red/blue samco hose kit
Forge dump Valve
coilovers - KW/AP
Miltek TBE
ITG twin intake or other not sure yet
Upgraded head unit
nice sound system
Front splitter - Not sure which one
Remap stage 1 and 2
possibly in futre K04 conversion!  :drool:

Thanks, Joe.
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline cdj3.2

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: New Guy - Essex.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 10:26:49 am »
welcome  :happy2:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 10:27:32 am »
Welcome to the forum,good to hear you parents were ok from the crash..look forward to the pics

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 10:31:06 am »
Thanks and thanks :) - They should be up soon.

Joe.
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 02:29:32 pm »
Im only down the road in Chelmsford! Are they the mods you've done or want to do?
Ed30

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 11:53:26 pm »
Im only down the road in Chelmsford! Are they the mods you've done or want to do?

nice one  :happy2:

Want to do and will do  :evilgrin:

Joe.

Joe.

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 10:48:09 am »
 Hi Joe, I'm in Colchester a couple of times a week, my daughter plays football for Colchester United Ladies (under 17) and trains at Shrub End. May see you around.

Neil

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 04:19:19 pm »
nice, be good to meet few of the locals.

Do you attent the east coast dub meets at toby carvery and tollgate every other Monday night?

Joe.

Joe.

Offline lippyx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • Coz white IS the best colour!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 04:54:59 pm »
Hi and Welcome!

I am fairly new here too! Sold my lovely Subaru Type R last year and needed something more... useable, so got a GT FSi and now need to add a extras like 18" alloys and side skirts etc, but all in good time!

I am also in Essex!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:56:46 pm by lippyx »

2013 Golf R

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 10:57:52 pm »
Hi and Welcome!

I am fairly new here too! Sold my lovely Subaru Type R last year and needed something more... useable, so got a GT FSi and now need to add a extras like 18" alloys and side skirts etc, but all in good time!

I am also in Essex!

yeah i needed something more sensible being only 19! anyway with a GTi it tuneable and not so exspensive!

where abouts in essex are you from and what sort of wheels you thinking of getting?

P.S Welcome  :happy2:

Joe.

Joe.

Offline lippyx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 07:01:07 am »
I am after 18" Monzas, GTi side skirts, GTi rear valance, roof spoiler and GT Sport front end... so not much! Oh... did I mention a VW sat nav stereo too!
I would have loved to of got a GTi but the mark 5 was out of my price range and didn't really want a mark 4. I found my 2.0 GT only a mile away from my house, with only 30k on the clock and 3 previous lady owners. Seemed too good to turn down.
I don't want to make it look like a GTi, just want it to look a bit special, and stand out more.

After owning the Scooby and everyone knowing its me, its a bit boring being in a normal looking car! Hopefully it'll start transforming soon!

Oh... I'm near Southend by the way.

2013 Golf R

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 10:53:46 am »
Hi Joe, I'm in Colchester a couple of times a week, my daughter plays football for Colchester United Ladies (under 17) and trains at Shrub End. May see you around.

Neil
[/quote
Don't suppose you take your car to VW in Chelmsford do you? They told me about a guy who has a strppied out mk 5 for the tracck!

Do you have a build thread?
Ed30

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 04:43:49 pm »
I am after 18" Monzas, GTi side skirts, GTi rear valance, roof spoiler and GT Sport front end... so not much! Oh... did I mention a VW sat nav stereo too!
I would have loved to of got a GTi but the mark 5 was out of my price range and didn't really want a mark 4. I found my 2.0 GT only a mile away from my house, with only 30k on the clock and 3 previous lady owners. Seemed too good to turn down.
I don't want to make it look like a GTi, just want it to look a bit special, and stand out more.

After owning the Scooby and everyone knowing its me, its a bit boring being in a normal looking car! Hopefully it'll start transforming soon!

Sounds awesome, im still deciding on type of exhaust, being such a lover of cars i dont just want a sporty sound car, i want one that rawrs and draws attention to its self  :evilgrin:

well i live on small island called "Mersea Island" World known for oysters and the fishing trade.

Joe

Joe.

Offline lippyx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 04:53:43 pm »

Sounds awesome, im still deciding on type of exhaust, being such a lover of cars i dont just want a sporty sound car, i want one that rawrs and draws attention to its self  :evilgrin:

well i live on small island called "Mersea Island" World known for oysters and the fishing trade.

Joe

Yes, I know Mersea Island! I'll be happy with a std GTi back box, so.....  :grin: .... If you do replace your standard box, can I have first bids on your std back box???  :love:

After owning a few Scoobies, its nice to have a bit of quiet  :laugh:

2013 Golf R

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 04:57:05 pm »

Joe

Yes, I know Mersea Island! I'll be happy with a std GTi back box, so.....  :grin: .... If you do replace your standard box, can I have first bids on your std back box???  :love:

After owning a few Scoobies, its nice to have a bit of quiet  :laugh:

oh thats cool :P

its a possibility, but depending if i buy a De-cat. if so may keep exhaust for mot or may buy cat.
or try sweet talk my garage  :smiley:

yeah having a Very m3 the sound is amazing and it was stock, went for few tunnel runs at thurrock (lakeside) with mates in skylines and RSs but all you could hear was my M3  :evilgrin:

Joe

Joe.