Make a donation

Author Topic: Sy's vRS APR/LOBA Hybrid - Now replaced with a proper car!  (Read 145599 times)

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Re: JannerSy's Mk2 Fabia vRS 1.4TSI Update: Car sporting new goodies
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2011, 12:22:29 am »
Sounds like you had a good day. I didn't make it down. Didn't fancy standing about in the rain all day. Plus had an oven to fix.

Where abouts are you from mate? Do you ever do trackdays at Donington?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2011, 12:28:00 am »
Im about 15 minutes from Donington but not overly bothered about doing it at the prices they want.  I could get 3 trackdays at rockingham/mallory or blyton for the cost of one at donington

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2011, 12:42:23 am »
Ah right about the same for me. I haven't done a trackday at Donno for a few years now so not sure what they cost. They were just evening sessions on the motorbike aswell so weren't too badly priced. Heard Mallory isn't a bad circuit though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 01:00:00 am by Matto »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2011, 12:43:47 am »
Its a pretty straight forward circuit, pretty gentle on tyres and brakes.  Nothing technical or difficult

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2012, 07:03:19 pm »
Is it maybe not worth doing a few other mods at the moment and waiting until the hybrid software has been developed and checking out reliability of new delelopment maps in the meantime this would give you time for the tuners to iron out the problems with the engine / software while you sort out the other bits of the car you want to do just now!

Im in a simelar position at the moment and im just riding it out until they have a better understanding of the car before i go for the final mapping / power mods
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2012, 07:17:23 pm »
I'm thinking of not bothering with the hybrid now.  250hp is achievable with the std turbo, that in a 1200kg is a nice chunk of power and will be onthe limits of tractability.  Hopefully should have the new map on in the next week. 

Heres some vids Mike managed to get of us. 

Apologies for the pants music on this first one, I was messing around with youtube video editer and saved it over the original by accident.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2012, 09:05:20 pm »

Which software Sy?  :popcornsoda:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2012, 09:12:06 pm »
You know :rolleye:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=avnv34qolscvjc03kvehtgdl1j&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2012, 09:12:57 pm »
Blimey.. i see what you mean when you said it was wet.  :scared:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2012, 10:43:29 pm »
Another video here

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2012, 06:48:45 pm »
A few recent changes.  I have remove the Forge intake off of my car and........its made absolutely no difference to the output of the car at all.  £185 of useless Forge Branded rubbish.  Bring on the ITG Maxogen is what i say.

Currently ive been relegated to a 2.0TDI 140ps VW Passat and its CRAP.  Nothing below 2000rpm, nothing after 4000rpm and power seems to notably drop off after 3000rpm.  Hate the engine with a passion, but most of all, I absolutely hate having a manual.  I dont actually think i would buy a manual again now, because everytime i drive one, it irratates me :scared:  Really not a fan of diesels at all.  It only seems to be asbout 7-9mpg better than my Fabia on the same routes.  Expected more tbh, although the passat does weigh about 500kg more

Had my Shark Stage 2 map removed from my car.  Logging the car showed that the requested boost was over 2 bar from 1700-6000rpm which is obviously not achievable meaning my turbo is working at its absolute maximum everytime im on WOT trying to make this boost because it cannot possibly achieve that output.  Max boost the turbo can run on is around 1.6Bar, which coincidently is what my car was running at with my waste gate at 100% the entire time because its still 0.5Bar below the requested:scared:  That might go to explain the heat issues i had back along and the random plumes of white smoke i get periodically.  Good job that i got the pace intercooler and radiator fitted a few k ago.  Might well have saved something getting bent although i have it in my head that the turbo could already be damaged, so a turbo rebuild might be on the cards for peace of mind, so i might just throw in a 1.8T K04-001 compressor wheel whilst im doing that.

Car made 211hp/270lbft @ 1.6Bar with the shark Stage 2 map before Skoda reverted the car to stock with the latest ECU update.  Figures are good, midrange is good and the delivery is good.  Longevity might not be though..

Jabbasport now have my car (hence the Passat courtesy car :sick:) and they are doing a full custom map on my car.  The plan is to get about +10Hp output(more if safely possible) but with less boost and less chance of me spitting the turbo out the exhaust pipe.

Decided to go with Jabba for a full custom job over REVO and APR in the end.  I was very near to getting REVO installed, i was offered a baragin price for changing to them, but they would not b offering anything further than stage 2 in the future.  APR were a pain in the ass when it came to information or replying to messages.   Jabba on the other hand were happy to write the map to exactly how i wanted it to be done, and are able to provide further work with software for a hybrid turbo in the future.

And they are changing my throttle map to a 1:1 ratio (like the REVO linear map) because at 3/4 depression on the accelerator pedal the throttle angle jumps from 75% to 100% which is really frustrating on trackdays on fast sweeping corners.

Roll on wednesday....
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:05:37 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
Re: JannerSy's Mk2 Fabia vRS 1.4TSI Update: Shark map off, jabba map on
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2012, 06:06:05 pm »
The good news is because i had the Shark map dyno'd first at Jabba before getting it reset to stock mode at Wings Skoda it means i can compare both the new Jabbasport custom map, the removed Shark Performance Stage 2 map and the newest ECU update stock map all on the same set of dyno graphs.

Nice and cold in the morning for the stock run, and jabbas roller putting out spot on figures for a stock car.  BUT take into account my car is running the downpipe and intercooler so id imagine if anything its underreading a little, but i can deal with under reading :giggle:

180Hp and 250NM.

I asked if Jabba could add on the shark St2 graph onto the stock graph when they were done on seperate days, the good news is YES :yes:

green is stock.  Red and blue are the Shark Performance Stage 2.  211Hp/370Nm(270lbft)@ 1.6Bar(23psi)boost pressure :o  Not to sure about that hump, its not something ive ever noticed on the road and the previous 3 dynos have been without the intercooler, so not a direct comparison.  Something you have to consider i guess is the shark map was written on the car before the intercooler and with only 800miles on the clock.

Im not able to get to Jabba to collect my car until Friday afternoon now so ill add that graph alongside the stock when Jabba finish the car.  Fingers crossed i make a bit more with a bit less boost.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2012, 05:51:29 pm »

Sounds like they've done a really good job  :smiley:

Look forward to you collecting her  :party:

Graph / pic doesn't show for me??

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2012, 06:31:21 pm »
The spike will be the handover from supercharger to turbo at 3500 rpm. The spike is more pronounced when mapped as the supercharger doesn't map much from stock, but the turbo does. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2012, 06:36:59 pm »
Looks like the power touched 220hp maybe for a millisecond  :signLOL: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Im happy with that tbh, mostly at there is a gain in power but at much less boost.  Thats how to map a car.

And it matches the requested boost now with the N75 duty cycle reduced from permanent 100% to a nice steady 80%