Make a donation

Author Topic: Sy's vRS APR/LOBA Hybrid - Now replaced with a proper car!  (Read 145572 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=8tafkg1udogopnfp43aik7k9n8&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Mk2 Fabia vRS : Its APR time!!!!!!!
« Reply #330 on: June 18, 2012, 09:39:58 pm »
Youre in scotland mike? Go and drink a 4 pack of irnbru and eat a battered haggis and that should sort you out.   :signLOL:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #331 on: June 18, 2012, 10:13:15 pm »
Youre in scotland mike? Go and drink a 4 pack of irnbru and eat a battered haggis and that should sort you out.   :signLOL:

Don't forget a deep fried mars bar  :signLOL:
Nope. I remember tthem lol.  Same choice of cars for me still lol.  Just delayed it with the skud

Sy, I take it we're not meeting on the strip this weekend??  :driver:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2012, 01:15:45 am »
Sorry to hear the VRs is going.  :sad1: It felt a little like a brother to the Polo! :driver:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2012, 04:25:11 am »
Sy, I take it we're not meeting on the strip this weekend??  :driver:
Not likely mate, im in Afghanistan  :sad1:

No mech diff and it's FWD but wouldn't a Leon Cupra 240 give best value for money with reliability compared with those Sy?

I thought about this, but if i was to get one, id want better brakes, a diff etc etc.  So in the long run id not save any money.  Plus i cant stand the interior on them and it woul;dnt really be a new challenge for me.  I wont rule one out though.  Im not back until November, so i have a lot of time to mull over any decision. 

Im fairly certain it will be a non VAG though

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #334 on: June 19, 2012, 08:17:09 am »
Well keep your frickin head down whilst you're making your mind up.....

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #335 on: June 19, 2012, 08:52:11 am »
Well keep your frickin head down whilst you're making your mind up.....

My sentiments exactly  :happy2:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #336 on: June 20, 2012, 09:38:21 am »
Good choice the R26 Megane. If you can afford it I think id plumb for the new Megane 265 trophy over the R26.  Though I might buy myself a Focus RS mk1 again, as they are awesome out of the box.  My old one was just short of 300bhp and cornered like it was on rails. Plus it sounded like a rally car and was great fun to drive....apart from the very thirsty engine.  200 miles to a tank full (50 litres) and that was driving sedately :rolleye:
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #337 on: June 20, 2012, 09:16:04 pm »
Love th mk1 FRS, love the R26.  both perfect chassis sraight out of thebox.  Only requirement is a remap for them io think.

However, you never know, i might test drive the finished Fabia project when APR hand it back to me and completely love it/.  The biggest issue in the future for me is space in the rear seats.

Ive asked for pics of child seats in the rear and buggys in the boot from guys on briskoda.  If it looks like there is enough room, i might well keep it, i suspect it wont be big enough, hence the rash decision to sell up, however id like to be proved wrong.  Either way im paying for the works whether i sell up after or keep it.  Pain in th ass really as im out the country, so im mulling over my options without actually knowing if i need to sell up
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:43:07 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #338 on: June 20, 2012, 10:13:01 pm »
I was quite suprised by the way my mates R26 goes around corners. small gains to be had from a remap, but he was impressed by the difference, not a bad car to be honest :happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
Re: Mk2 Fabia vRS LOBA/APR Hybrid
« Reply #339 on: September 07, 2012, 03:54:55 pm »
So, im back in the UK for a couple weeks, but without the car until Monday :sad1:

Will probably keep the car for maybe another year i think then its going, i may as well use it for what i bought it for, seems a waste to sell it right now given all the work thats gone into it.

Been a few purchases over the last few weeks

Superpro Poly-bushes from Alex@AKS which should hopefully get rid of some of the slop in the handling.

Some Tarox 6 pots and TD1.2s from Hurdy which i expect will be the best mod i get done because the stock brakes are shocking at anything above 40mph.  Getting these puppies installed Monday afternoon by the guys at Statllers.

Trying to limit the misfire issue with the higher boost maps with a set of OKADA plugs.  Not heard anything back from keith about whether or not they are effective though.

AST suspension i think was being fitted today.  I collect the car on Monday, but not sure what sort of power its going to be running tbh, i suspect its going to be around 250-260hp, which considering i haven't driven any car for the previous 3 months will feel absolutely rapid!!!

Map wise, from what i gather the DSG limpmode issue has been cured., power estimates: not sure tbh.

Thinking of Blyton Park on the 11th Sep with Javelin Trackdays, so it should be an altogether different animal this time.

Spec should be something along the lines of

LOBA turbo
APR stage 3 map
VWR (ITG) intake
VWR Downpipe with std cat back
OKADA Coilpacks
Pace Intercooler & radiator(soon to be replaced with a 29% larger APR cooler)
Superpro bushes
AST Suspension
Tarox BBK
TD1.2 Alloys

Hopefully have some dyno graphs to show in the next couple days.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #340 on: September 07, 2012, 04:48:04 pm »
Nice!!!  :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #341 on: September 07, 2012, 07:16:38 pm »
Don't forget you'll have the stickier rubber of the Federal 595RS-R's for Blyton too Sy. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #342 on: September 07, 2012, 08:42:59 pm »
Don't forget you'll have the stickier rubber of the Federal 595RS-R's for Blyton too Sy. :happy2:

its already running the federals on my stock rims. theyre still like new with less than 1k on thdm

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #343 on: September 07, 2012, 10:05:23 pm »

its already running the federals on my stock rims. theyre still like new with less than 1k on thdm

lookin good Sy, Anglesey 22nd ???

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #344 on: September 07, 2012, 10:54:29 pm »

:happy2:
Golf R gone.