Make a donation

Author Topic: Law regarding the parking of commercial vehicles in residential areas  (Read 6999 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=icgvku8rbarslom320j0ro1e0t&/topic,19740.0.html
Does anyone know what the law is? We have a recover truck which parks up (with a different car onto) every night outside our flats  :fighting: :fighting:

Any info will be appreciated, as i intend to ring the local 5-0 if it keeps happening.

Rich

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
Law is relevant to your area.... A weight restriction may be in force..........local bye law. Speak to the council
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
There's a covenant in place on the estate i live on that prevents commercial vehicles being parked anywhere within the boundaries...

Saying that my van is still on the end of the drive as is the other dozen or so i pass every day  :grin:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
There's a covenant in place on the estate i live on that prevents commercial vehicles being parked anywhere within the boundaries...

Saying that my van is still on the end of the drive as is the other dozen or so i pass every day  :grin:

There is in many places but enforcement is a different matter. Which is a shame as stuff like that just gets ignored and forgotten about these days.

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email

There is in many places but enforcement is a different matter. Which is a shame as stuff like that just gets ignored and forgotten about these days.

As you say it's the enforcement that's the issue, pretty much impossible to do so really...

Luckily on my estate it's mainly car based vans and 2 transits, anything bigger is quite an eyesore on a relatively small new estate imo

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=icgvku8rbarslom320j0ro1e0t&/topic,19740.0.html

Its basically the same as that.. but instead the of classic car on the back, its always a heap of shoot!  :signLOL:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Can't imagine anyone having a problem with small van beddie. The guy with the huge camper van on my street, well that's another matter.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587

Not allowed to bring green fleet on my estate.  Not even small land rovers.  Its an MOD estate too.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137

Not allowed to bring green fleet on my estate.  Not even small land rovers.  Its an MOD estate too.

That would be for security reasons then wouldn't it Mike?
Golf R gone.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587

That would be for security reasons then wouldn't it Mike?

Probably.  There's a compound at the estate managers office to lock them up.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Law regarding the parking of commercial vehicles in residential areas
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 09:04:28 am »
Not got any advice sorry Rich, but maybe look at this from a different perspective, rather than try and get rid of the van why not try and encourage him to park it up with more interesting cars on it?  :P

Do you have any details of the way the guy is parking or what sort of road it is, I guess you dont want pictures out front of your flat on here but might help to know if there are any parking restrictions.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 09:12:25 am »
Might also be worthwhile reading this .pdf www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN02249.pdf it seems most stuff is dealt with by local law and most central stuff is for HGV over 7.5 tonne.  But the last bit about licensing of vehicles over 3.5 tonne and the operation of the palce of work which must be licensed, so you might be able to do something under that law if it is an owner operator and he isnt parking the car in "his yard"

Although it could be on the road outside of his house he would have to live in your flats to be doing that.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 09:19:18 am »
As far as I know it's anything over 7.5 tonnes that can't park on housing estates and a transit flat bed like above would he under so they can get away with it, there's a few area in my borough where they have them either for scrapping cars or banger racing and nothing can be done as I'm aware as it's the same as taking a company van home.

I've seen them and the ones with the spec lifts parked up aswell for national recovery companies aswell and nothing happens unfortunately

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 09:21:38 am »
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080912113401AAUzLZG This might also be useful.  That will be over 3.5 tonne and used for a commercial purposes so from what that pdf says should have a license for operation.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 09:22:57 am »

Have you had a word with the chap?

He may be reasonable and not realise he's causing you a problem?