Make a donation

Author Topic: The old Passenger Door Unlock fail  (Read 5681 times)

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
The old Passenger Door Unlock fail
« on: June 26, 2011, 07:30:41 pm »
So it happened to me last night after washing the car. Passenger door wouldn't unlock. I managed to sort it by luck in around 10 minutes, after turning the ignition on & off. Here's what turned up:

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.       Labels: 1K0-959-702-MIN3.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 959 702 M    HW: 1K0 959 702 M
  Component and/or Version: Tuer-SG         006 1204
           Software Coding: 0000692
            Work Shop Code: WSC 01279 785 00200
                      VCID: 3957E53909DF
2 Faults Found:

00097 - Front Passengers Central Locking (Safe) Motor (V162)
        012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)
        008 - Implausible Signal

So I'll be ringing the dealer in the morning. I note that others have found this wasn't covered under their extended warranty; I'll be telling VW to dig into their goodwill pot if it ain't. 29k on an 08 car, I don't expect this sort of thing to happen & cost £300 worth of work.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: The old Passenger Door Unlock fail
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 09:36:51 pm »
Spoke to my dealer who seem to think that this will be covered by my extended warranty.  :smiley:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 05:43:44 pm »
Door lock replaced. Great service from the dealer; they speculatively ordered a replacement lock to save having the car more than necessary. Plus the whole lot was covered by my VW extended warranty.

Bravo, F Cross VW Grimsby  :congrats: once more brilliant service and reason why I travel to them rather than use the lacklustre local dealer.

Offline billlikecar

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 09:49:46 am »
 :drinking: hanging around and your problem as if has been solved
As a car engineer,i would like to share my experience with you and welcome to my blog:http://eobd2.over-blog.com/

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 11:39:28 am »
do you know how much the lock was? i have got the exact same codes :( seen the lock mechanism on ebay for £50

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 01:45:10 pm »
@DJM they are mentioned on other posts about this fault as being around £80. I've no idea personally as warranty covered the lot. If you search for door lock fault you'll find the threads. £200 odd for labour also is mentioned more than once.

Of course you could just ring a dealer on Monday morning & ask :signLOL:

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 01:08:50 pm »
@DJM they are mentioned on other posts about this fault as being around £80. I've no idea personally as warranty covered the lot. If you search for door lock fault you'll find the threads. £200 odd for labour also is mentioned more than once.

Of course you could just ring a dealer on Monday morning & ask :signLOL:

I was only wondering if you knew off top of your head as seem to be the most recent case that has posted about it.

Car is booked in for thursday for some other things, just wanted to gauge interest as i dont have warranty so may be wiser for me to go independant garage.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 03:59:22 pm »
I'd certainly consider it, mate. It's a big labour bill, and if you can get an Indy to fit & code, all well.

Sorry, sarcasm not intended on my last post :innocent:

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 06:52:14 pm »
Found a VW breakers by me that will supply part for £30. So positive start.

You'd think VW would dig into their pockets as seems so common.  :sad1:

Cheers for info. And no worries, didnt know how you meant the post lol.

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 06:56:25 pm »
I have what I think is the same problem - drivers door won't unlock / lock with the remote anymore and needs a new latch mechanism.  Stealers quotes about £250 all in to fix but when I get the time I'm going to have a go myself.  I don't actually think its all that difficult - you just need to remove the outer door skin to access it.  I've been informed by a vw tech that you don't have to take the inner door card off and if you set it right you don't even need the special tool (although I've already got it).

Whenever I get round to it I'll do a how to.  (assuming of course I don't knacker my door!  :signLOL:)
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 08:08:36 pm »
I have what I think is the same problem - drivers door won't unlock / lock with the remote anymore and needs a new latch mechanism.  Stealers quotes about £250 all in to fix but when I get the time I'm going to have a go myself.  I don't actually think its all that difficult - you just need to remove the outer door skin to access it.  I've been informed by a vw tech that you don't have to take the inner door card off and if you set it right you don't even need the special tool (although I've already got it).

Whenever I get round to it I'll do a how to.  (assuming of course I don't knacker my door!  :signLOL:)

What special tool?

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 09:50:32 pm »

What special tool?

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 10:07:49 pm »
I think i know how it will end up if i use one of them lol. Id wish i had just paid the dealer to do it.