Make a donation

Author Topic: Sky Sports get Formula 1 from 2012  (Read 9302 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Sky Sports get Formula 1 from 2012
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2011, 08:55:11 pm »
Hopefully Jake's Twitter will be awash with complaints on Sunday's Red Button about BBC selling out to Sky.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2011, 09:43:22 pm »
They won't say much anyway, as Martin Brundle tweeted yesterday

'In answer to many tweets no you won't hear much from us re future TV deals this w/end. Our job is to tell F1 story, not talk about ourselves'

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2011, 11:17:25 pm »
Just read an article over on Autosport and the teams accept the decision :confused:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93507

But Imo the director of Pirelli motorsport has hit the nail on the head from the sponsors side of things.

Pirelli's director of motorsport Paul Hembery said he was eager to know whether F1's viewership would be hurt by the move to pay television.

"It is more to do with viewing figures from our point of view, as we look at it from the sponsors' view," he told AUTOSPORT. "The more people that watch it, the better it is for us.

But what he and the rest of the sponsors are thinking is whats a few million UK viewers when theyre about to get back into the US :wink:

Ben

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 12:06:32 pm »
I too would like the coverage to stay fully with the BBC but it's not Sky's fault. The BBC has to answer to us lot on what it spends, and the costs for F1 are huge, they simply cant justify the cost in todays economic enviroment. I also think we should wait and see how sky cover it. I am not a fan of sky had many a phone call to India were the call centre people and me both end up crying.  :signLOL: But one thing you cant fault is there sports coverage, apart form the adverts they do a decent job.  :happy2:
And i certainly wont complain if it's Kirsty Galllagerrrr in the pit lane instead of Miss Mck'enzie.  :wink:

h4rdy

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2011, 01:29:51 pm »
It really doesn't matter to me how Sky cover it.

I cannot justify/afford Sky TV's extortionate costs.

Bernie has enough money surely? Or are those high maintenance daughters bleeding him dry?

Real shame for me as I have been really enjoying it.