Make a donation

Author Topic: When you left school  (Read 2884 times)

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Re: When you left school
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 07:27:24 pm »
I wanted to be a gynaecologist. I had all the right qualifications; slim wrists, a waterproof watch, and I could wallpaper the hallway through the letterbox. But I realised you didn't always see the best of people, so I went into ophthalmology & did eyes instead. :smiley:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline G864TST

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »
All I ever wanted to be was a fireman (and own a GTI)
I'm a fireman and drive a GTI - very happy mannie  :smiley:

Offline damoegan

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 07:23:10 pm »
Left school wanting to be a engineer so went to college doing electrical engineering. Had to pull out of my final year due to my mother being bad with cancer. Floated around for a few years then got back into engineering doing a mechanical apprentiship..

Now work for one of the largest cieling tile manufacturers in the world as a lead fitter/planner  :happy2:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 07:58:06 pm by damoegan »

Offline oldy666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 05:13:53 pm »
I always had a soft spot for aircraft. (too much top gun as a kid)
worked as a loadie at civvy airport for a few years
went to uni and got a degree in multimedia
back to civy airport after uni
joined raf as an aircraft engineer

Currently on my first post at RAF Brize Norton working on L1011 Tristars and loving it

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=hflm1dceumebiigs0k9copsdtn&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 06:23:31 pm »
I wanted to be a musician since I was about 12.... and here I am!  :signLOL: I suppose I've been "working" for money since I was about 15 and turned "pro" (whatever that means) when I was about 20.

Its not work though...  :P

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 07:12:38 pm »
Lefts school to go to college as I wanted to be a graffic designer. Enroled but never turned up as I decided I wanted to earn some coin like most of my friends so I trained to be land surveyor for 12 months. Totally hated it and it showed as I could not be arsed in the slightest resulting in a rather explosive confrontation with the boss and me walking out.
 After that I got a job at Carphone Warehouse and became an assistant manager. That job was such a laugh!
 8 years of that and I needed more money so decided to give the police a try. Been there 7 years and still going strong.

I also wanted to be a mechanic but my stupid career advisor said it was dead end career. Shame really.

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 09:06:04 pm »
I should have been a mechanic, ended up a joined and now I'm a food technologist. Happy enough though.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.