Make a donation

Author Topic: Long life servicing  (Read 591 times)

Offline graeme4130

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Long life servicing
« on: August 10, 2011, 02:44:41 pm »
I've heard a few suggestions to avoid the vw long life servicing plan, but I was hoping the collective expertise on here could give me some advice please ??
I went to look at a 55plate gti dsg 5dr today with 42k on the clock
The servicing shows the last service made using the long life oil plan and the dash shows that a service is due. The seller has agreed to put it through a vw dealer for a full service before sale, but can I just change it awayfrom the long life plan and put it on regular intervals ? Are there any major draw backs of it being previously on Lomg life ?
I've asked that the service can also include the dsg box oil change, but I believe this is part of a service at this milage anyway Right ?
The car comes with a 6month P&L warranty, runs very well and the condition and spec are fantastic, but I just wanted to check what people thought about the LL service history (the oil is also very dark and looks like it definitely needs the change it'll be getting )
Cheers in advance for any information or advice
Thanks
Graeme

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Long life servicing
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 03:07:10 pm »
Yes you can just request it be put on time and date interval service as they do it. I would ask them to still use the ong life oil though.  :wink:
If you look at the service history and see how often ( what mileage ) is has been getting serviced. if it has been needing doing every 7000 - 10,000 miles it may have had a hard life or lots of short journeys, if it is over this distance between service's then there is a good chance it has been driven sensibly, though only a chance, you never can tell.
And the DSG service is due at 40,000. So should already have been done. Also check it has had it's 4 year major cambelt service, this is a must.  :happy2: