Make a donation

Author Topic: Rolling Road.....disapointing results..  (Read 22708 times)

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Re: Rolling Road.....disapointing results..
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2009, 11:16:17 am »
my stealers are £120 fitted for cruise control, way less than awesome

unless theirs is gold plated?

Offline duncan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2009, 11:18:06 am »
my stealers are £120 fitted for cruise control, way less than awesome

unless theirs is gold plated?

oooops dont know why i thought it was for the remap not the cruise.....

anyway mine has cruise so will be good to have the extra functions!!

Candy white GTI, MRC tuning Remap - the rest will remain standard...

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2009, 11:19:36 am »
Yet another example of the 'Awesome tax' ........................ :fighting:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2009, 11:40:46 am »
Yet another example of the 'Awesome tax' ........................ :fighting:
To be fair, £150 for retro fitting CC at the dealers was the going rate last year. Maybe VC goot a special deal.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2009, 11:42:34 am »
that's thier rate fella, got it installed on my .:R and on the EOS

will fluctuate slightly from dealer to dealer maybe?

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2009, 11:44:01 am »
Mine was also done for £120 in February 2008.
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2009, 11:46:02 am »
£99 at my dealer

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2009, 04:52:19 am »
if you want a brilliant remapp with out spending loads of £££££££££££ , custom code is the way to go ! you cant change it , mess around with settings or play with it through your cc but tbh if you dont really fully understand what your messing with should you be doing it anyway ???     i ve had custom code maps on my last 4 vag cars and never had any problems what so ever  and imo the results are amazing  :happy2:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2009, 08:50:49 am »
if you want a brilliant remapp with out spending loads of £££££££££££ , custom code is the way to go ! you cant change it , mess around with settings or play with it through your cc but tbh if you dont really fully understand what your messing with should you be doing it anyway ???     i ve had custom code maps on my last 4 vag cars and never had any problems what so ever  and imo the results are amazing  :happy2:

SNAP!! Custom Code FTW  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2009, 02:00:36 pm »
duncan,

since no one has asked in the 6 pages of this thread, what fuel are you using in your car?

The car was remapped in Germany, and they have a plentiful supply of SUL. So the remap may well be remapped for 98+ octane fuel.

Many moons ago my ibiza cupra had a Oettinger remap (VW Germany / UK approved) but you had to run it on SUL and sometimes with booster (98 octane level wasn't readily available back then).

but like some have said, i've never heard of this WALD tuning company in VAG circles!

have fun with the APR remap in any case.

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2009, 03:43:31 pm »
octane level wouldn't cause that level of missing horses

the APR/REVO map being switchable will allow the choice of running on different octanes - such as 91/93/99 and a valet mode

the custom code wont allow this, its mere a generic map loaded to the car, often not in real time but as an over right

my personal experience of Custom Code, on the mrs's EOS it unlocked almost 50 horses and 50 torques, but not the smoothest power curves in the world - this map was done in real time as it was one of the first to be done by them. however still happy with the map for what she requires from the car

Also had it on my MK4 .:R32, drove 300 miles to gti international with no worries, had the car mapped at the event, drove it home with flat spots and hesitation at 3.5k rpm. CC knew this problem exisited and i either had to live with it or wipe it.

i think CC is fine for some cars but hiccups on others and doesn't really give you much to play with for your money. This is a common discussion on alot of forums regarding CC

A little extra cash gets you tried tested secure APR or REVO maps, with multi level control and customer support.

"you pays ya money ya takes ya chances" is not how i prefer to do things, you get what you pay for however does apply

:happy2:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2009, 03:50:17 pm »
octane level wouldn't cause that level of missing horses

the APR/REVO map being switchable will allow the choice of running on different octanes - such as 91/93/99 and a valet mode

the custom code wont allow this, its mere a generic map loaded to the car, often not in real time but as an over right

my personal experience of Custom Code, on the mrs's EOS it unlocked almost 50 horses and 50 torques, but not the smoothest power curves in the world - this map was done in real time as it was one of the first to be done by them. however still happy with the map for what she requires from the car

Also had it on my MK4 .:R32, drove 300 miles to gti international with no worries, had the car mapped at the event, drove it home with flat spots and hesitation at 3.5k rpm. CC knew this problem exisited and i either had to live with it or wipe it.

i think CC is fine for some cars but hiccups on others and doesn't really give you much to play with for your money. This is a common discussion on alot of forums regarding CC

A little extra cash gets you tried tested secure APR or REVO maps, with multi level control and customer support.

"you pays ya money ya takes ya chances" is not how i prefer to do things, you get what you pay for however does apply

:happy2:

his car doesn't have Custom Code. it has an unknown remap called "WALD". to be honest doing some digging on google, it seems WALD was a GTI version that was aimed for the Far Eastern markets!!! 

so i doubt it has the ability to change maps like APR / Revo.

but if you remap a car for 99 octane fuel, and you put 95 octane fuel in it, would u not expect it to produce less power, cos i would!!! 

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2009, 03:57:37 pm »
his car doesn't have Custom Code. it has an unknown remap called "WALD". to be honest doing some digging on google, it seems WALD was a GTI version that was aimed for the Far Eastern markets!!! 

so i doubt it has the ability to change maps like APR / Revo.

but if you remap a car for 99 octane fuel, and you put 95 octane fuel in it, would u not expect it to produce less power, cos i would!!! 

yeah i know he's got the WALD dude  :happy2: i was merely saying that although Custom Code is an option (it was mentioned) i didn't think it would produce the level of expectation he is hoping for from something like an APR map

technically running a mapped 99 octane car on a 95 ron fuel should cause a lower level of power but not always the case, in extreme cases though its never really more than a handful or bhp maybe 5, the real difference rears its head in the form of throttle responce and power distribution throughout the power band, but even then not that noticable

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2009, 04:19:13 pm »
Wald is very well known and South Africa sure is not Western  :scared:

And the octane of the fuel can have adverse effects on the vehicle especially if it is mapped to utilize the fuel in a certain way for a certain RON rating.

An example: 

Im detailing a gentlemans Porsche 996 Turbo in a few weeks... His car runs at 480KW. Thats a sh*t load of power.

Now Im the manager for Liqui Moly in the Western Cape here and I sold him a box of Octane Booster. What the product does is boost the RON rating by 4. Thats a 99 Ron rating.

Last night he phoned me and said he is so chuffed with the product because of the difference it makes. His car stopped lean surging, the acceration was smoother and the car had less of a tappidy engine sound. I asked him what map he had and it was a APR Porsche Map (Done by Porsche) and when we called Porsche before supplying the product we were told that the map will only be truly effective with the correct RON and then of course oil in both the transmission (Tiptronic) and correct operating temperatures.

Now it may not be "that many" horsies but on this particular Porsche we are looking at possibly an extra 30kw. Thats a WALD remap on its own! So much so that we have sent these octane boosters to Mace motorsport to test in the racing cars on a rolling road.

Think about. What you put in you get out. It wont be a huge difference on a lil MK5 GTi but its something. Perhaps the car needs a clean remap. A engine flush (With injection and valve flush too) and some clean oil?

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2009, 04:29:30 pm »
Totally agree ^^^

when we start talking about thouroughbred engines octanes come right into play. the porsche was decigned to have been run on a high octane from the outset so running a less fuel will mean they will also be subjecting the engine to inferior detergents and inadequate lubrication, re-enforce this with a non factory standard map and you can watch the horses fall away

on the gti however the car comes out of the factory ready to accept whatever you put into the car pretty much, which is what makes the stock ecu so generic, bring a map into play and you can tailor the ecu and its parameters to enhance a higher octane and release the bhp