Make a donation

Author Topic: Reflex Silver Wash n Go  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
Reflex Silver Wash n Go
« on: August 07, 2011, 12:01:19 am »
The car was in desperate need of a wash and i was kinda hoping i might be able to attempt my first detail today but what with the constant threat of rain showers and a new born to look after i decided a bit of wash n go was all i was going to have time for.

So I washed the wheels firstly then rinsed the car all over. I then washed her using the 2 bucket method with Megs #62 shampoo - i can highly recommend this product  :happy2:. She then got another rinse before i patted her dry.

At this point i was thinking shall i, shan't i do a detail but the reality was that i simply didn't have the time, however i was hoping to add a bit of protection to the wash so i rummaged through my box of goodies and broke out the Megs Final Inspection and gave all the bodywork a gloss.

Finally i washed the exterior of the windscreens and windows with Rain X and did the interior of them with Auto Glym glass polish. I also washed the headlights, tail lights and indicators on the wing mirrors with the Auto Glym. I have to say i'm very pleased with the results - can't wait to see what it'll be like after a full detail - here are some pictures, not bad given the weather and light conditions:

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Reflex Silver Wash n Go
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 12:20:21 am »
Not bad given the time and weather restrictions.

In this kind of situation, I tend to do things in stages eg wash and clay one day. Polish and seal/wax the next day. Following weekend, or whenever I have time, do the glass and plastic trim, and on another day do the interior.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 12:41:03 am »
Thanks Stealth and that advice is much appreciated. I was wondering if there were stages where you could leave it a day between one and the next even better to hear that you can go a week between some stages. Still very much learning but loving it  :party:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 12:48:28 am »
It depends on the stages. I wouldn't drive around with an unprotected car, so it's best if the car is left in a sheltered environment.

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 01:34:47 am »
Chance would be a fine thing! I live in London and houses with garages are like hen's teeth  :grin:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 12:23:12 pm »
In that case, get up early and spend the whole day sorting it out. At least the paintwork and that means polishing and then applying a wax or sealant. I get up at 6am on a Sunday morning to wash my car because I live on a main road and have no driveway.

Although it won't look as good, you can then do the wheels, exhaust, windows, plastic trim and interior on separate occasions. 

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 11:17:17 pm »
cheers, that's what i'll do  :happy2: