All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Servicing/oil Qs

<< < (4/6) > >>

182_blue:

--- Quote from: stokeballoon on November 08, 2008, 06:34:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: billyboy on November 08, 2008, 06:19:23 pm ---
lock £39

--- End quote ---

Was this £39 for a new lock?  Or £39 to activate anti hijack auto-locking?  Seems a bit steep to me.  It takes them minutes with the Vag-com, and they would have used vag-com on the car during the service.

Seems a touch necky! :confused:

--- End quote ---

£39 is a con imo  :sad:

stealthwolf:
What's the anti-hijack autolock thing?

182_blue:

--- Quote from: stealthwolf on November 08, 2008, 08:18:24 pm ---What's the anti-hijack autolock thing?

--- End quote ---
when you pull away and reach over say 5 mph the doors lock automatically, its a 1 min job, basically tick a box and its done, i just did it for a mate

billyboy:
i know its a bit steep, but whats the price on your valubles, missus, 3yr old son, pride n joy, id of slipped someone £5-£10 anyway for adding it on with the com
its set at 10mph , once over that it locks down doors/boot, once you switch off and pull the key the lot opens, or if youve pulled over and someone wants to hop out then you pull the door catch twice to get out , then pull away and that door locks again, if someone wants to get into the boot then you can press the unlock on the door top with the switch,while you still sat in on tick over, also ive heard that in the event of an airbag being deployed then that over rides it all and unlocks so as 999 can get in.
i had asked a guy at tatton to set it up but he didnt have a mk5 lead only mk4
billy

QD MBE:

--- Quote from: billyboy on November 09, 2008, 12:12:45 pm ---i know its a bit steep, but whats the price on your valubles, missus, 3yr old son, pride n joy, id of slipped someone £5-£10 anyway for adding it on with the com
its set at 10mph , once over that it locks down doors/boot, once you switch off and pull the key the lot opens, or if youve pulled over and someone wants to hop out then you pull the door catch twice to get out , then pull away and that door locks again, if someone wants to get into the boot then you can press the unlock on the door top with the switch,while you still sat in on tick over, also ive heard that in the event of an airbag being deployed then that over rides it all and unlocks so as 999 can get in.
i had asked a guy at tatton to set it up but he didnt have a mk5 lead only mk4
billy

--- End quote ---

Good point  - Well made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version