All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Servicing/oil Qs

<< < (2/6) > >>

QD MBE:
I had my ED30 serviced yesterday.  Just over £100, and the nice touch was i got a free bottle of Mobil 1 to top up, although i hope i don't need it!

i have gone to the 1year/10K regime, although I strive to change the oil after 5k.

billyboy:
ive just sat at the stealers, best part of 3 hours while ours got its first serv (longlife)
its had oil (dropped from sump not sucked out) oil filter, pollen filter (which i didnt think was done at this one) brake fluid change.
also had the auto locking programed (over 10mph)
serv £185
fluid £49
lock £39
they washed and hoovered it, when i checked in the boot i found 1x litre oil (shell helix) and 1x litre screen wash (bonus)
they also swapped all 4 centre wheel VW logos (white worm) then did a recall for fuel pressure sensor (24M5) so fitted new one
dont know why
all in all worth the wait
billy

Greeners:

--- Quote from: stealthwolf on November 08, 2008, 11:01:07 am ---Well I got some screen wash and coolant. They didn't have the appropriate longlife oil on the shelf and the parts guy was off sick/  :sad:

But they topped up the oil for free!

VW Solihull FTW!

--- End quote ---

I was there for half an hour around 10:30 this morning!!  :laugh:

Greeners:

--- Quote from: billyboy on November 08, 2008, 06:19:23 pm ---ive just sat at the stealers, best part of 3 hours while ours got its first serv (longlife)
its had oil (dropped from sump not sucked out) oil filter, pollen filter (which i didnt think was done at this one) brake fluid change.
also had the auto locking programed (over 10mph)
serv £185
fluid £49
lock £39
they washed and hoovered it, when i checked in the boot i found 1x litre oil (shell helix) and 1x litre screen wash (bonus)
they also swapped all 4 centre wheel VW logos (white worm) then did a recall for fuel pressure sensor (24M5) so fitted new one
dont know why
all in all worth the wait
billy

--- End quote ---

So a happy customer then? Makes a nice change! There's seems to be a trend then with them giving oil away? About bloody time!!  :happy2:

QD MBE:

--- Quote from: billyboy on November 08, 2008, 06:19:23 pm ---
lock £39

--- End quote ---

Was this £39 for a new lock?  Or £39 to activate anti hijack auto-locking?  Seems a bit steep to me.  It takes them minutes with the Vag-com, and they would have used vag-com on the car during the service.

Seems a touch necky! :confused:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version