Make a donation

Author Topic: Final Advice before purchase - Complete overview  (Read 1025 times)

Offline crashdesk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 2
Final Advice before purchase - Complete overview
« on: August 11, 2011, 11:59:52 am »
Hi,

About to purchase my first GTI and need advice before I fork out just over £10,000

Details as follows:
MK5 GTI Tonado Red
18" Monza's
Xenon Headlights
5 Door
37,500 miles
FVWSH
Sold by well know dealer who deals Porsches and Chryslers
Coil Packs will be changed
Timing Belt and Water Pump (not sure). Will bargain this into final price but will need done.

This seems like a great price for what you get, especially from a big dealer where I feel confindent if anything goes wrong.

The only real issue as you might have read from another post is chips in the paintwork on the bonnet. I have rang a guy who says he can do a respray of 3 panels. Side panels and bonnet and says he can fade it into original paintwork to make it look consistent. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar respray done on a red car and if results will look decent. I am confident it will but just checking.

All in all I would be happy to part with the money as it is 95% there with regards to mileage and spec.

Going to seal deal today hopefully so please post back ASAP.

Thanks,
C

Offline chowgar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Final Advice before purchase - Complete overview
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 01:09:03 pm »
What are the other specs...

mine was about the same last year

DSG Laser blue with 18's
winter/lux pack, so heated seats, mirrors (folding) only thing I dont have is headlight washers...
leather
MFSW
RNS 510

mines got loads of chips... but thats just the nature of cars, its going to happen

Offline crashdesk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:22:03 pm »
Don't think there is much else. may have headlight washers and heated seats. Will confirm later.

From what I have read the Tornado Red is an a**e to colour match. Main concern is future chips really. I suppose I could fill the current ones in but over time the bonnet will be completely covered and possibly need a respray which from what I have heard is impossible to match exactly. :-( I wish it was Black.

I think I could probably cope with teh stone chips. Main thing is the spec, guaranteed history, price and does it all sound good.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 02:18:19 pm »
Presume that it's a manual car? If it's DSG there's a DSG service at 4 years/40k that will be imminent.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline crashdesk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 02:20:23 pm »
Sorry, forgot to say. It's manual.