Make a donation

Author Topic: VW repair centre  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • If it doesnt break...your not going hard enough!
    • Email
VW repair centre
« on: August 08, 2011, 11:20:00 am »
Anyone else getting fed up with dealers or is it just me? I dropped my car off at VW to have the wings done on warranty due to paint bubbling a week ago and was told it would be ready in 4 days, didn't get a call or anything from VW so called them and they said it would be ready today so I called again and it's still in panels and they don't know when it will be ready?!

Getting a bit fed up now and just want my car back! Any advice?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:07:50 pm by Tara »

Offline andyboygsi

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
Re: VW repair centre
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 07:49:10 pm »
the dealers are a total rip off, but if its free your aswell being patient

Nasir

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:42:21 pm »
Set a deadline with the dealership (make it reasonable), and if they don't meet it file a complaint with the dealer principal, VW UK and take your car elsewhere.

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 09:15:09 pm »
They called me back today and said they dont know when it will be ready but maybe next week at the earliest!

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 10:07:03 pm »
the dealers are a total rip off, but if its free your aswell being patient

Some are ok, your local Indy won't give you a free loan car with a £129 service
The prices i find are cheaper than i originally thought,
I think you just need to find a good one  :happy2:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline andyboygsi

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 10:36:16 pm »
They called me back today and said they dont know when it will be ready but maybe next week at the earliest!

what year is your car?i see it on a 55 plate just like mine, does that mean that i can get mine done too under warranty?

Nasir

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 11:57:10 pm »
The anti-corrosion warranty is 12 years, so yes. As long as the paint is original or has been done by a VW approved garage.

Tara, I would complain to the dealer principal and VW UK. The dealership are still getting money for this job so they will lose out if you take the car out and go elsewhere. Make it very loud in the service reception that you will not be coming back to them and you will inform family and friends of the poor service. Turn up unannounced tomorrow and just take your car away. My 2p anyway.

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 09:46:54 am »
The anti-corrosion warranty is 12 years, so yes. As long as the paint is original or has been done by a VW approved garage.

Tara, I would complain to the dealer principal and VW UK. The dealership are still getting money for this job so they will lose out if you take the car out and go elsewhere. Make it very loud in the service reception that you will not be coming back to them and you will inform family and friends of the poor service. Turn up unannounced tomorrow and just take your car away. My 2p anyway.

They have now told me that its taking longer because they were going to repair one wing and replace the other but when they took it apart they found they needed to replace both wings..i cant see how this works tho as it only had a couple of paint bubbles on one wing. I was told when i dropped my car off it would be ready in 4 days, its been over a week now. Im going to give them till Monday and then just go and get my car back.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 10:49:19 am »
When they rubbed the other wing down it must of been to far gone with rust to repair..If they did the repair it would only last a year before signs of the rust coming through again ,Know its frustrating not having your car but at least by the sounds of it they are doing the job right

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 02:02:06 pm »
If they replacing the panels least you know in theory it should last and not being bodged. They provided you with a car free of charge? If they aren't keeping you up to date etc, id just log a complaint once car is back. Poor service it sounds. Delays can happen easily and unaviodable but unless handled correctly your left in the dark and think they are just pissing around. Maybe go down and have a look with someone who knows what they are looking at if you maybe dont? Someone in the trade. As i even used to work closely with repair shops and they still even tried to fob me off. 

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 04:18:59 pm »
Had to call them today for another update and they are waiting for a wing to be delivered and will update be on Monday! 4days work has turned into over 2weeks  :confused:

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 04:36:43 pm »
since buying my car 3 years ago it hasn't been near and main dealers. only time it will ever go there is for warranty work.

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti