Make a donation

Author Topic: Bulb upgrades?  (Read 1344 times)

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
Bulb upgrades?
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:20:02 pm »
Hi guys, got the itch again  :fighting:

Bulbs this time tho, has anyone replaced the puddle lights in the mirrors with a led bright bulb? Same with the footwell lights and the interior map lights?
I saw a mk5 golf the other day with upgraded rear number plate lights, not the actual bulb but the complete unit! They have 18 led's in so they are very bright.....but...I'm not sure weather I was keen or not? Looked a bit like a White neon light under car as all you could see was a big White patch, what's other peoples views on these led lights for the rear plates?
Are there any negatives to having the interior footwell and map lights replaced with led ones?
If the puddle lights will be a pig of a job to do then I won't bother  :signLOL:
Jack

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: Bulb upgrades?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:25:32 pm »
I replaced the Puddle lights on my last Octavia with W5W SMD LED's. They were about £4 off eGay and where a nice improvement. Not sure if it's the same on the golf but it should just be a case of remove the cover and swap the bulbs over.

You should be able to do all the interior lights no problem and i believe the Number plate lights are a complete swap. They look very good when fitted. I had can bus LED's in my last car too and they looked good to me and a lot better.

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 01:03:33 am »
for numberplate Leds i think Vemon motorsport supply them or a replacement Led bulb.

Joe.
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 08:32:09 am »
Ive just changed all my interior lights, well most lol just waiting on some more LED's off ebay. Didnt realise there were so many.
Will post pics once done.

Offline maxwell

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 06:46:50 pm »
DJM you got a list of the bulbs needed??

Offline golf nutter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 06:51:21 pm »
i have seen a "how to" thread on how to change them...all cant remember where, might have been on here.  i quite fancy blue LED's if such things exist.