Make a donation

Author Topic: How do I turn my alarm off?  (Read 22819 times)

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
How do I turn my alarm off?
« on: August 11, 2011, 09:00:02 am »
Hi - I am travelling on a sea cat ferry next week and need to know how to turn the alarm off to prevent it going off , is it that button on the door pillar?

cheers

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Re: How do I turn my alarm off?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:09:08 am »
Yes, that's the on/off for the anti towing system. You can't turn the complete system off, but the door pillar button is all you need for ferry crossings

Hope it's not too rough :sick:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline keano

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 09:26:31 am »
I wish my sensors would turn on!

Interior sensors haven't reacted for months! Any ideas?  :chicken: :confused:

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 09:31:33 am »
Yes, that's the on/off for the anti towing system. You can't turn the complete system off, but the door pillar button is all you need for ferry crossings

Do I just press the button once and hey presto? How to I re activate?

cheers

Offline keano

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 09:42:47 am »

Do I just press the button once and hey presto? How to I re activate?

cheers

Auto resets after you lock that car again.

1 Button press does the trick

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 09:52:43 am »
What Keano said :wink:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline keano

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 09:58:47 am »

Any idea what may be wrong with interior alarm sensors young man? I've posted above

WILLZIE

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 11:40:41 am »
Lock it manually(TWICE) this will lock all the doors & turn off the proximety sensors inside.  :smiley:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 01:44:49 pm »

Any idea what may be wrong with interior alarm sensors young man? I've posted above

Hmm, no I don't. I don't suppose VCDS shows anything? Fuse check? I'm sure you've thought of those yourself. After those stunning revelations, I'm fresh out of ideas. I can't say I've ever come across an alarm with u/s interior sensors.

The switch controls the motion sensors, but doesn't control the interior ultrasonic sensors. I'm sure I read somewhere about disabling the sensors when you lock a dog/child in the car. Give me a bit & I'll go find out
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 01:46:29 pm by LouCyffer »

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 02:15:34 pm »
This has been doing my head in to. Be good to be able to turn off the interior sensors to Leave the dog in the boot.

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 02:17:00 pm »

Hmm, no I don't. I don't suppose VCDS shows anything? Fuse check? I'm sure you've thought of those yourself. After those stunning revelations, I'm fresh out of ideas. I can't say I've ever come across an alarm with u/s interior sensors. 
The switch controls the motion sensors, but doesn't control the interior ultrasonic sensors. I'm sure I read somewhere about disabling the sensors when you lock a dog/child in the car. Give me a bit & I'll go find out

In early GTI's there is a two way rocker switch on the door pillar that lets you switch off either the interior sensors and / or the anti tow sensor.  But I'm pretty sure pressing the lock button twice on the remote also disables the interior sensors.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 02:28:42 pm »
Well, I stand corrected. According to my owners manual, the button on the pillar switches both the anti tow AND the interior sensors off. Remove ignition key, press button, button will glow yellow. Lock vehicle, button will be extinguished. The next time the vehicle is unlocked, the anti tow and interior sensors will be reactivated automatically, ready for the next time the vehicle is locked.

So:
This has been doing my head in to. Be good to be able to turn off the interior sensors to Leave the dog in the boot.

Mike, use the button when you imprison your hounds :happy2:

I wish my sensors would turn on!

Interior sensors haven't reacted for months! Any ideas?  :chicken: :confused:

Still no wiser about this, Keano :sad1:

Lock it manually(TWICE) this will lock all the doors & turn off the proximety sensors inside.  :smiley:

Nope. If you do that, the deadlocking is disabled, but all other features of the alarm will be active, including the interior sensors
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:44:51 pm by LouCyffer »

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 02:47:43 pm »

In early GTI's there is a two way rocker switch on the door pillar that lets you switch off either the interior sensors and / or the anti tow sensor.  But I'm pretty sure pressing the lock button twice on the remote also disables the interior sensors.

No, see above. That just disables deadlocking

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 02:49:28 pm »
Pressing the button twice quickly meant to disable interior sensors?

Remember trying this before but the alarm still went off :(

psw mk5

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 03:46:18 pm »
Hi - I am travelling on a sea cat ferry next week and need to know how to turn the alarm off to prevent it going off , is it that button on the door pillar?

cheers
good luck with the other cars parked near you they pack you in like a cattle Market .. I've just come back from Rotterdam and was hovering round my car so nobody opens doors etc .. Stressful time  :scared: