Make a donation

Author Topic: Putting R32 Susension in an SDI  (Read 1116 times)

Raff

Putting R32 Susension in an SDI
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:36:32 pm »
Is it possible to put the shocks and springs from a mk 5 R32 into a SDI, and How much lower would it make the car sit, Would it affect the handling or ride much?

Cheers

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Re: Putting R32 Susension in an SDI
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 08:18:31 pm »
I would have thought the R32 would have 55mm struts and the SDI 50mm so unless you replace the hubs aswell then no they wont fit, a set of shocks and springs isnt that much mate, i got my jamex coilovers for £200 brand new
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Raff

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 09:14:15 pm »
Whats the ride like with them. I thought if I used R32 parts the ride would be ok, but ive since learned that the shocks are stiffer. I want to lower the car without affecting the rise too much. And spending too much money lol.

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 09:36:13 pm »
Whats the ride like with them. I thought if I used R32 parts the ride would be ok, but ive since learned that the shocks are stiffer. I want to lower the car without affecting the rise too much. And spending too much money lol.

Ive got 18s on mine and TBH the ride is very good, stiff but not bone shaking stiff if you get my meaning, one of the best mods ive done on mine mate :happy2:
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP