Make a donation

Author Topic: Fuel pressure issue  (Read 1387 times)

Offline S44rje

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Fuel pressure issue
« on: August 16, 2011, 11:57:32 am »
Been having an issue when car is idling drops quite low and when revs are low seems like it wants to cut out or there is not enough fuel.
Got it diagnosed and there was alot of errors with the fuel pressure being insufficient.
Is this a common issue?
Does anyone have an idea of what it could be, fuel pump, o2/ massflow sensor?
It's a 1.4 fsi

WILLZIE

Re: Fuel pressure issue
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 12:26:15 pm »
I had this, droping off idle, flat spots, had to keep the revs high to get home. This happened over a peroid of a few days, got it booked into the dealer right away, they diagnosed it as a low pressure sensor( Fuel Sensor)

Offline S44rje

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:04:37 pm »
Did that fix it then? That should be quite straight forward to resolve if mine has the same fault

WILLZIE

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 12:21:34 am »
It brought up a few other codes on the scan related to fueling, but this was the main one and it fixed it! wasnt too expensive either!  :happy2:

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 02:01:08 am »
I had the same issue with mine recently and it ended up being the low pressure fuel sensor. Although a worn cam follower is also a possibility.and should definately be.checked as a matter of urgency really. There's plenty of threads on it on here. Also try post up the exact fault codes as somebody might be able to give you more pointers.