Make a donation

Author Topic: ed30 low on torque  (Read 3209 times)

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
ed30 low on torque
« on: August 27, 2011, 07:59:02 pm »
Hi guys i have had my ed30 put back to stock so my dealer could service my dsg today, and when driving it there i was surprised to find it didn't feel that different to my revo stage one. I had changed from a giac to revo as the car was only putting out stock torque, now i am fearing the same with revo. I know there is some timing pull cut hoped revo had accounted for this. So far i have changed the dv to a type d, spark plugs and coil packs so hoped all was fixed. Would really appreciate thoughts
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: ed30 low on torque
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:12:21 pm »
Logs would be a good start. What sorth of power did it make when mapped with the REVO stg1? if it wasnt dyno tuned then the mapper would have spotted a problem (if there was one) during the datalogging session.

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 07:40:35 am »
the difference between ed30 stock and revo stg1 is so huge that id defy anyone to 'not notice'
On that premise alone  somethings not right.
And given you had a previous map that seemed low on torque.

As PDT says you need the supplying REVO dealer to do some logging to check whats going on.

once the turbo starts spooling 2200 rpm onwards, pulling hard at 2700 rpm a remapped edition30 would never be described as low on torque  :surprised:

suggests you have a primary (non map) reason thats holding the car back  :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 08:46:01 am »
If torque is what your after then AWE/GIAC remap is what you want:

363.75 ftlb

K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 09:27:41 am »
I had a giac map on my car originally and pdt's rr only clocked 235ftlb which is not much more than stock, gene my swap over to revo
Revo Stage 2+
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 10:13:20 am »
Hi guys i have had my ed30 put back to stock so my dealer could service my dsg today, and when driving it there i was surprised to find it didn't feel that different to my revo stage one. I had changed from a giac to revo as the car was only putting out stock torque, now i am fearing the same with revo. I know there is some timing pull cut hoped revo had accounted for this. So far i have changed the dv to a type d, spark plugs and coil packs so hoped all was fixed. Would really appreciate thoughts

I suspect that the dealer probably flash updated your ecu, wiping out your revo code.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 10:32:10 am »
Not sure that is the answer as the revo dealer put it back to stock before taking it for the service. My concerns came from the fact that the stock setting didn't feel much slower then revo stage one
Revo Stage 2+
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 10:49:36 am »
If torqueA NEW CLUTCH is what your after then AWE/GIAC remap is what you want:

363.75 ftlb

Corrected that for you :grin:

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 11:22:40 am »
Ha ha, my giac map certainly didn't need a new clutch with its massive 235ftlb output
Revo Stage 2+
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 04:33:29 pm »
Is that the one you went to north shields for? bet you has wished you had got it done at pdt now, at least it would have been on the rollers :rolleye:
The revo dealer might have just done a switch back to stock via the revo sts isntstead of a full stock flash, even s stock revo flash made 245bhp with my car :wink:

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 05:07:14 pm »
Hey there - yes that's right, I've been using Steve Howe at Triple H Motorsport for my Revo mapping, mainly because he was recommened by a friend and it literally 5mins from where I work so much easier for me to get to during the week.  Whilst I'm sure Dave at PDT also knows his stuff [plus does have a RR] getting through the Tyne Tunnel made it much harder for me to get to.

Also, in the 2 dealings I've had with PDT, I wasn't overly impressed with the serivce; firstly he went out to test the brakes of another member during the time I was paying for to have my car data logged and eventually flashed back to stock... I do accept that  I didn't pay for the reflash so not too bothered.  The 2nd time I had organised to come and have a Milltek TBE fitted on a Saturday, only to find out on the Friday afternoon that he didn't have time for me.

That said he does have a good knowledge of ECU's so I may pay him a visit for some datalogging on my way back from having a BF TBE fitted next monday.

And yes you were right he just set my car back to stock via the REVO port, not a compelte stock reflash.
Revo Stage 2+
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 07:51:05 am »
If torque is what your after then AWE/GIAC remap is what you want:

363.75 ftlb

Corrected that for you :grin:

My clutches in my dsg are just as good now as they were almost a year ago when a dyno'd it and shot this vid;

I shifted into 2nd gear at 5800 rpm and then floored it. It sped up to 60 mph pretty quick.
How much time would you say I would shave off my 12.82 et 1/4 mile @ 112 mph "if my clutches weren't slipping"?
To date to improve on this time I've readjusted the actuator because I had been running lower actual boost until now. Now I'm running 22 psi to red line where I was running 17 psi to red line. Also, I'm thinking of running drag radials instead of Sumitomo HTR Z III's that I've had on all this time. And you say I need a new clutch? :happy2:

That was ridiculously high torque for a giac K04 remap, but it was no way due to slipping of a clutch. I also wasn't trying to sell giac software because I am fully aware that my torque output is not typical. I actually thought it would just be a funny and interesting post to look at since the topic was torque. Luv ya! :love:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 08:15:53 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1