Make a donation

Author Topic: Finally sold my car!  (Read 2366 times)

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Finally sold my car!
« on: August 15, 2011, 06:06:10 pm »
Hi all,

After a few months I have sold my car!  :jumpmove: and I am now ready to look for my next car. As some of you may remember I was looking at a few different cars. Renualt Clio Sport being one but after a test drive I decided it wasn't for me. I want to stay German I think. I think I want to move up the golf ladder and get a GTI. What is the cheapest you think you could find a decent one for? I have looked on autotrader and seen one for £7000 but it has 90000 miles on it. (Is that a lot for a modern car?) Anyway the  point of the thread is to help me find a cheap decent GTI as I know this forum is very good at scouting good deals!

Cheers Ollie  :happy2:

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Re: Finally sold my car!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 06:20:31 pm »
Pleased you shifted the FSI Ollie  :happy2:

Did you draft your provisional wish list down to a final two in the end? I assume from this post it includes the GTI?  :innocent:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:33:27 pm »
Cheers Pete,

Yeah I think it is going to be the GTI or A3... I'm leaning more towards a GTI now though. Just need to find one  :happy2:

Nasir

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 10:52:15 pm »
Congrats on selling the car Ollie.

Out of interest why did you not like the Renault Sport Clio? Was it a 197? I was think this could be a good option in a year or so, I like all the geeky stuff like diffusers and downward facing exhausts  :ashamed:

You can get a nice GTI for £7500 I'd say, I know of a GTI on 107K miles with a DSG gearbox with no issues and runs as tight as a drum. Not a problem as long as it's looked after with a comprehensive history.

Offline WYTHIT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:53:10 am »
Have a look at my car it's a mint low mileage gti for sale
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3108056.htm

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 05:11:35 pm »
Congrats on selling the car Ollie.

Out of interest why did you not like the Renault Sport Clio? Was it a 197? I was think this could be a good option in a year or so, I like all the geeky stuff like diffusers and downward facing exhausts  :ashamed:

You can get a nice GTI for £7500 I'd say, I know of a GTI on 107K miles with a DSG gearbox with no issues and runs as tight as a drum. Not a problem as long as it's looked after with a comprehensive history.

Cheers

Cheers Nasir. The car just wasnt for me.

Where have you seen one for that price? that is what I would like to spend because the insurance is going to cost me 2.5k...

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 05:12:11 pm »
Have a look at my car it's a mint low mileage gti for sale
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3108056.htm

Hi mate, thanks for the link but I am looking for a three door.  :happy2:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 12:34:27 am »
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 07:30:10 am »
Don't let the miles discourage you, mine had done 140.000km when i bought it. I haven't had any milage related issues so far and i have just pasted 220.000km  :star: 60.000km of them K04'ed.
My advice knowing your trackrecord is get one with dual climatronic and most importantly winterpackage giving you heated seats, heated washers and headlight washers, which will help you when retrofitting xenons  :happy2:  :grin:
Now get that GTI and be whole  :innocent:  :evilgrin:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 08:06:52 am »
I'm always flirting with selling my car, I keep looking back at it when i leave it and thinking nothing much else will come close.

I do fancy one of those 335d's though, but it will need to be a coupe I think. Then there is the pain of selling mine on...ugh  :sad1:

Went to a dealer yesterday (the one I posted about on the 335d thread) and he wouldn't even give me a price on my car until NEXT week due to the change in year!  :stupid: so, I said, yes I guess your stock will similarly come down in price at that point as technically all your cars on the lot are another year older? ....err nope (wanker)

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 01:29:42 pm »
I wouldnt let mileage put you off as long as price reflects it though. If over 80k id want full service history though.

I just picked up my golf gti with 72k on. full VW service history and im 2nd owner. Had it in at VW for coilpacks and they only found that the driveshaft gaiter may need doing. Women even said they usually find a couple hundred pounds worth of thngs wrong regardless of age or mileage lol.

Just make sure you check it out etc.

I went through all the receipts and any advisorys even from vw or MOT's had been done.

Just remember its a buyers market so haggle them down, be cheeky. I got a grand off at a trader lol.

Good luck with the hunt.

p.s go golf over a3.

Offline theroxbury

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 09:41:36 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230663650187 nuff said :) - you know you want the leather

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 06:00:47 pm »
Nice one in at my work http://www.jct600.co.uk/dealerships/Priceright_Rawdon/used-cars/Volkswagen/car-details/volkswagen-golf-rawdon-yd06smo-17090759

May be worth a little extra money for a newer model!!

Do you work as a salesman? How much do you reckon it would be possible to knock off the screen price?