Make a donation

Author Topic: MySpace vs Facebook vs Twitter....  (Read 690 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
MySpace vs Facebook vs Twitter....
« on: August 15, 2011, 03:45:02 pm »
I'm a bit slow to adopt new things. But my excuse is that I am over 60yo. Oh, and that includes being slow to recognise if a female is interested in me!

I've been on MySpace since late 2006 but not very active there for the last couple of years. I joined solely to have an online place to showcase, share, (and sell?) my music but inevitably I got involved in the whole Fwends thing. I have never felt the need to use My_ as a social network and that's why I have never bothered with Fb or Twatter.

BUT... Since getting my 27-inches of latest generation iMac eye-candy, my music creation has reborn and especially helped by having a co-producer buddy with a 'proper' recording stoodio. So I have completely re-designed me My_ page (check it out ppl!) and am wondering whether it's worthwhile me also joining Fb. I think of Twitter as being more appropriate for iPad and iPhone users - Am I right?

I've heard that Fb has Band pages: Is that for musicians and with similar modules as My_? Or is it simply an option to load and share playlists of any band's music?

Could folks post an overview of these media and point out any pros and cons, please  :happy2:

Meanwhile, please check out my latest MySpace Profile page. Also, the V6 sound of BIALI Boyz.

http://www.myspace.com/redrobinmusic

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: MySpace vs Facebook vs Twitter....
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 04:33:28 pm »
For what you want, I think both are good tools. Twitter is more a conversational tool, but through followers and forwarding, stuff can explode very quickly. It can also be linked into a FB account, so work very well together.

As for it being a iphone/pad tool - absolutely not, it crosses all platforms.

Get yourself a FB page built, set up a twitter account and see where it goes? It's all free, you've nothing to lose. Good luck  :happy2:
Sideways yo!