Make a donation

Author Topic: ED30 Induction Kit - What's good, what's not and where can I get one !  (Read 6915 times)

Offline robertsm66

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Hi
I'm looking to add an induction kit to my ED30 and don't seem to be having any luck.  Noone seems to have stock or for some reason they won't fit the 08 models of the ED30.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, as I love to get one to fit at the weekend.

Cheers

Robert
Golf MK5 Edition 30, 300BHP Remap, Forge DV, Pipercross Panel Filter.........next month LSD Diff and Full Blueflame System.  VW T5 Transporter Windsurf Wagon.

Offline vwrascal

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
first of all welcome to the ward forum fellow mk5er,  a nurse will be along shortly to diagnose your modding symptoms!     :rolleye:

Offline robertsm66

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
Please doctor, I need help !  More air please ! 
Golf MK5 Edition 30, 300BHP Remap, Forge DV, Pipercross Panel Filter.........next month LSD Diff and Full Blueflame System.  VW T5 Transporter Windsurf Wagon.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Hello mate glad u joined  :rolleye: we are all nuts  :rolleye: have a look aty the dblis intake from regal its not cheap  :surprised: or the evoms kit

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline robertsm66

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
Mat
The Evoms kits are all out in the UK, apparently they're one of the better ones.  The forge kit doesn't work on the 2008 ED30's for some reason, so I guess if I want one now I'll have to got the Dblis.

Could wait I suppose......but where's the fun in that !

Rob

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
we are trying to get a BSH system sorted for the ed30 so if u hang on in there u could have avery good setup

Offline robertsm66

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
How long do you think ? 

I could always run a panel filter for now with the new map and hang on for the induction kit.  But I reckon with the blueflame exhaust and high flow cat plus the forge FMIC and the induction kit..........I may need some new brakes !!

Rob

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
How long do you think ? 

I could always run a panel filter for now with the new map and hang on for the induction kit.  But I reckon with the blueflame exhaust and high flow cat plus the forge FMIC and the induction kit..........I may need some new brakes !!

Rob

same setup as me mate and a good filter is fine for now just hang fire on the intake and get the other little bits done

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower

first of all welcome to the ward forum fellow mk5er,  a nurse will be along shortly to diagnose your modding symptoms!     :rolleye:

....And here she is! : -

Definitely worth waiting to check out the BSH intake. Most opinion favours the Dbilas over the EVOMS but EVOMS offer a nice engine cover which can be used with other intakes.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
Do Intakes really work?  Really worth the cash?  VWR Golf had a standard set up when I drove it. 

Just a couple of thoughts........................

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
Re: ED30 Induction Kit - What's good, what's not and where can I get one !
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 08:12:41 am »

Do Intakes really work?  Really worth the cash?  VWR Golf had a standard set up when I drove it. 

Just a couple of thoughts........................

....I keep forgetting to ask Mark if their 300R's panel filter is stock too. It does make you think but the logic seems to be that if it works in achieving the performance goal, then why change it.

People keep telling me that if I now change my intake from a ram type (Carbonio) I'll see a jump in power.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline robertsm66

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 08:49:55 am »
I've been told the Carbonion give's no real power gains. 

My past experience on a 1.8T Audi TT engine was that the only thing that really worked well, was a forced air induction setup, air rams / scoops at the front of the vehicle (behind the grills), straight into an enclosed free flow filter, then on it a oversize MAF housing.

Through the winter it make a mild difference, but through the summer, you really see a drop in the intake temperature, therefore denser air pushed through the turbo and more power.......in theory.

Not sure anyone has this type of thing on the Golf, but on the Audi we had a device called 'Liquid TT' which was a realtime datalogger / Stat's display, so I noted a 10degree difference in intake temperature with the induction kit.   

Intercooler also makes a difference when couple with an induction kit.

Obviously I could be taking total rubbish, but the above is just my experience on former projects.

Robert

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 08:51:31 am »
I feel an independant test coming on...??
Sideways yo!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 09:29:18 am »
i had a dynatwist cai on my LCR and it was  :evilgrin:

best thing was it was a closed filter so no heat soak but had a direct cold air feed

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 10:22:52 am »
^^^^
Mmmm....That's a nice looking engine bay, Mat :happy2: 8) :happy2: