Make a donation

Author Topic: Milltek - Customer Service  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Spin

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Milltek - Customer Service
« on: August 15, 2011, 04:35:30 pm »
All too often the posts that we all read on the various internet forums are of a negative nature with the contented remaining the 'silent majority' so I have decided to post some positive comments and applaud excellent customer service.

I have used the services of Milltek on numerous occasions over the last 7 years since ownership of my first VAG which was a Golf GTi 150PD,  happy memories of neck snapping urgency but a frustratingly short rev range.

Not all of the ownership experiences have been 100% event free but any minor issues that have arose have been dealt with both quickly and very professionally and always to my extremely high standards.

Milltek have always demonstrated real interest in the customers requirement and my own personal experience they are always keen to improve on current offerings where possible.

With my latest car -  a GTi mark 6,  I have followed my usual pattern and set about modifying it with a view to improving both performance and aesthetics to suit my taste,  the latter being a real test as we only have the comments and reviews posted by other members to help influence our decision.

I read with great interest the posting/review by SteveP .......

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,16601.0.html

As a mature 40 something owner this system seemed to tick all the boxes as I although I attend @ 6 track days per year I need my car to be useable and refined for everyday use,  I contacted the Guys at Milltek and ordered the Cat back system initially until I had all the hardware in place for a stage 2 tune.

Steve's review is very accurate and the quality and fit is first class but it does point out that we are all individuals,  I found the Race Resonated cat back emitted a little too much low frequency drone for my liking so gave the system a couple of weeks trial then contacted Milltek to share my opinion.

Milltek invited me along to their Ilkeston site with a view to working with them to find a solution which was to involve fitting various other tail pipe sections both resonated and surprisingly non resonated.

The technical Guy explained to me how frequency can be just as important as overall DB.

The first trial I am currently undertaking involved the fitting of the Race 3" Non-resonated system and this has been fitted since Friday am.

Amazingly the small droning I was experiencing at around 3,000 rpm in top upon acceleration has now gone which was a massive surpise as I expected it to have the reverse effect,  resonated to my POV as always meant the quieter option ?!

The car is indeed a little louder outside of the car but the sound remains outside the vehicle making cruising far more pleasureable,  I am running with this set up for a trial period to see how I get on with it taking into consideration any differences my long term aim of going with an upgraded DP and sports cat will also make.

The current set up sounds amazing on full chat with a real fruity tone in the upper rev ranges so to some this would be their perfect solution driving style dependant.

Milltek have gone the extra mile to try a and get a solution to what is not a problem but a customer preference,  this is a rare experience and UK tuners should take note.

I'll let you all know how I get on but thought it was well worth a thumbs up  :happy2:.
Carbon Grey 3 Dr Mk6 GTi 2.0T,  Milltek TB Race non resonated, ITG Intake, Revo Stage 2 & AP Racing BBK - Sold.
BMW M135i- Pretty Good,  but a bit ugly.

"Fast Cars Are Safer"

Saint Steve

Re: Milltek - Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 04:12:08 pm »
 :congrats:

Great to hear, and echo your comments on Milltek's aftersales care . Exceptional. :happy2:

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 06:43:32 pm »
Well done mate, and good on miltek !
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:42:09 pm »
As you say, the sound of each others cars are down to preferences of each individual. I started with the miltek cat back resonated. Then non res , then 3"dp non res, now at decat non res, which i thnk just sounds pure evil and i absolutely love getting the passenger side window down and giving it the beans to hear the sound.  :happy2:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:54:33 pm »
I will be looking a something in the near future for my golf (depending on outcomes....long story) and have heard so many god things about Milltek......

I've used them once......9 years ago, had an awwwwfull experience, VERY unwilling to help me out. It was as if I was moaning, when I all wanted was help. The system I had was lovely, but the joints kept going and constantly blowing - and found it REALLY hard work to get them to sort it.

Car changed - 3 years later and after reading all the reviews, things seemed to have changed - I have no idea what? something in the coffee maybe? who knows. My second experience with them was as posted here - fantasic!!

Personnally, I think they are getting better and better!!

What sort of system would people advise for a GT TDI < baring in mind, the idea is to always try and keep the mpg's as high as possible?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights