Make a donation

Author Topic: operating 972 highline with wiper stalk  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
operating 972 highline with wiper stalk
« on: August 16, 2011, 04:11:52 pm »
Hello,  Just a quick question, if you have a 972 highline dash and not the new MFSW buttons how do you switch from the MFD screen on the highline to the extra screens (audio nav etc)  I know on 971 cars you hold the scroll up or scroll down button? 

If the stalk should allow you to move into the other menus does anything specific need to be coded to add the extra menus to the highline scroll or should these automatically appear.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: operating 972 highline with wiper stalk
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 04:38:06 pm »
If you can scroll between menu's now I don't see how you'll have an issue.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 04:45:22 pm »
I'm not having an issue on my car someone who has retro fitted a 972 highline with an RCD has never seen the audio screen on his hihgline just the MFD screens the same as the midline he doesnt have a MFSW just the stalk so not sure how you are supposed to enter the additional screens without the MFSW button to skip through the menus that I use.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 09:09:45 pm »
I think it's CCM dependant and not the Highline - Could be wrong though.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 09:34:30 pm »
So I have been out to my car (I have the MFSW buttons new style) but tried to use the stalk only to navigate through the highline 972 and its not possible unless there is need to change some coding!  Does anyone know if you need to change the steering control module settings or something else to allow menu navigation with highline or did all cars come with MFSW?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 09:36:49 pm »
The right stalk, if MF, does require coding in the steering controller yes.

Stu...

Offline kalu

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 09:51:07 pm »
In my experience with 970,971 you can hold the up/down button on the wiper stalk to access menu.
On 972,973,974 you must have MFSW to access the menu.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 10:05:03 pm »
Thanks guys so it seems that without MFSW you cant go beyond scrolling through the MFD menus!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 10:07:56 pm »
The only car I have seen that is different is the Passat B6, Red DIS Highline without MFSW used the button on the underside of the stalk to change the menu page  :happy2:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 10:21:50 pm »
The only car I have seen that is different is the Passat B6, Red DIS Highline without MFSW used the button on the underside of the stalk to change the menu page  :happy2:

Interesting I have suggested that they look at the steering control module options as the car is a manual MFSW wont be an easy fit!