Make a donation

Author Topic: VW Warranty work Edinburgh area?  (Read 1120 times)

Offline zoomered

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
VW Warranty work Edinburgh area?
« on: August 17, 2011, 05:50:52 pm »
I have a couple thing needing done under my warranty, small air con fan not running and drivers seat electric lumber not working.

Whats people experiences with VW garages around Edinburgh?

Offline gti_jim

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
Re: VW Warranty work Edinburgh area?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:33:46 am »
Here's my lowdown on Edinburgh VW garages,

I've found Western VW on Gorgie Road to be rude, slow and arguably incompetent for multiple aftersales visits.

Witherspoon VW at Sighthill are approved to do VW servicing and warranty work - I've also been there several times and they are friendly, call you when they say they will and did a good job. If you are claiming out of warranty, they'll also go after VW for goodwill and fight your corner far more than Western on Gorgie Road - I.e. They got a 100% goodwill on an ABS pump on a 5y.o. Car.

I've never used Western VW at Fort Kinnaird - wrong side of Edinburgh for me, and their colleagues at Gorgie Road have put me off Western as a group

Jim

Offline zoomered

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 07:03:39 pm »
Thank you so much! :congrats:

Thats exactly what i was after. I was a bit put off Witherspoons as they weren't a Main dealer. But from what you've told me its going there.  Any idea if they can do a courtesy car?

Many Thanks

Jim

Offline gti_jim

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 08:08:08 pm »
It's a 10 min walk to Calder road to catch a bus, or a 5 min walk to Edinburgh Park station. That's what I usually do.

They have 2 courtesy cars, both 57 plate diesel Passats... One had acid attacked paintworklast time I needed a courtesy car... It'll still cost you £10-15 a day for the pleasure though, probably even if you're in for warranty work

Jim

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 10:37:53 pm »
Ive used Western at the Fort.

Credit where its due i had the ed30 in there a few times. Can honestly say i couldnt fault them. Very good service. Did what they were supposed to do when they were supposed to do it.

I even went in one day cos my centre caps were getting a bit white worm and the service guy went and got a set of of stock and replaced them while i waited. No appointment i had just dropped in whilst passing.

Oh and they have a courtesy bus that runs in to the city centre in the morning.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,17487.0.html The thread i did about them!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:44:08 pm by scotta »

Chrisb

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 10:53:18 pm »
Hi, i bought my vw for western in gorgie and had to return it for warranty for the e m light came on..took a few weeks to diagnose the problem, but got fixed in the end. Gave me a courtesy car. Didnt get charged for anything.
Saying that only bought car in march and it was only a few weeks after the light came on so would have expected them to fix it for no charge.