Make a donation

Author Topic: 4motion  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
4motion
« on: August 18, 2011, 12:37:57 am »
Meant to ask - why is it, I've not heard of many people on here with or having the 4motion version of the golf?

Are they not very good? or just limited models/engine?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Nasir

Re: 4motion
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 01:25:48 am »
Mainly because it's a GTI forum  :signLOL:

But in all seriousness it's a rare car. The benefits of 4 wheel drive are not great in the UK and the 140 BHP was not enough to the front wheels to really warrant a 4 wheel drive system. It probably costs more to buy from the outset, that said it would be handy in the snow but so would winter tyres on a FWD Golf.

If you find one then go for it, if you don't then don't be downhearted. Remember the Haldex needs servicing every 40K miles.

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 09:27:31 am »
The R32 is 4motion... Haldex 4wd system...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 09:45:33 am »
seen to odd gt tdi too....
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline lee_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 08:55:26 pm »
IIRC they were slightly worse on fuel and wouldn't surprise
me if they are a road tax band higher like some quattro's are. :)

Offline Tarmac_Terrorist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 10:15:19 pm »
I saw one a couple of weeks ago on the motorway. It was a TDI.
They seem to be as rare a hens teeth. Shame they never offered the option on the GTI but of course that's one of the features which seperates the GTI from the R32

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 10:21:19 pm »
qwerky feature, would be nice.

Spoken to the owner (selling one) GT TDI said it's great, but had to have it remapped to make up for the drag.......