Make a donation

Author Topic: HPI / Car Checks ?  (Read 1643 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
HPI / Car Checks ?
« on: August 18, 2011, 02:50:07 pm »
Does anyone do these on here?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
Re: HPI / Car Checks ?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 03:08:57 pm »
Best off paying a reputable company for one mate as the cheap or free one dont always pick up finance owing on the car,
My mate found this out the hard way when the bayliffs reposessed his evo from finace owing on it from 5 years before he purchased the car, They tracked it down when he advertised it for sale on pistonheads.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 03:34:39 pm »
That's what I dont need!! Already got enough crap to deal with....

who would you guys advise?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 03:37:21 pm »
https://www.mycarcheck.com/

Used this a few times with no problems and 10 grand insurance cover if you want.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 03:53:29 pm »
which service did you use? to top end £15.00?

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 04:17:46 pm »
I used these guys when I was looking at purchasing my GTI last November:

http://www.hpicheck.com/hpi_check.html

Seemed to be reliable, although the prices have gone up since.

At the end of the day what's £10-15 when you are spending £10-15k on a car.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:20:29 pm by Kalpsn2000 »
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 06:53:52 pm »
My father in law has never used them, just has an eye for finding very honest sellers, but with so many dodgy ones about then it is a chance I would not like to take, always bought from dealers so never had an issue, but know even they cannot be trusted and are sometimes not aware of the previous owner/issues surrounding the cars.

Had a £4 one done for the wifes lupo to show no accident damage/stolen reports, or HPI and it did the trick nicely. :happy2:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 06:55:21 pm »
£4 < Who?

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 08:00:34 pm »
£4 < Who?

one of the ones where you get the results on your mobile,
Think it was an app that you get and just pay using paypal,can't remember the site.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 10:27:37 pm »
Car reg then text to 83600 it costs the price of a standard text message.