Make a donation

Author Topic: House alarms - what to look for?  (Read 725 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=taa0t737t23ln2ke2je5rs8lmo&/topic,19740.0.html
House alarms - what to look for?
« on: August 20, 2011, 08:06:02 pm »
Evening all.  :drinking:

What should I be looking out for in a decent house alarm, in terms of brand/features? Ill probably put it in myself (with help from dad). Will need 2/3 door sensors and probably 4 PIR sensors.

Thanks for any information.  :happy2:

Rich

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: House alarms - what to look for?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 08:34:32 pm »
theres a few good wireless systems out with alot of features...we have just started using a new system where you can activate/deactivate your alarm from your phone...you can programme it to send u a text when someone inputs their code, for example if you have kids and they come home when you are at work it will send you a text to let you know they are home, theres a distress feature on it aswel from a keyfob thats suited for the elderly that if they press the button it automatically calls the programmed number and the alarm panel acts like a speaker phone....it can be programmed to phone you when your alarm goes off and it calls the police aswel during a break in....i cant remember the name off the top of my head but i will either try and remember it or al find out when i get in from work on monday.
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=taa0t737t23ln2ke2je5rs8lmo&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: House alarms - what to look for?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 09:40:20 pm »
That certainly sounds very comprehensive, let me what what make it is!  :happy2:

Ta