Make a donation

Author Topic: Worth projections please....buying decision being considered  (Read 1643 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
Worth projections please....buying decision being considered
« on: August 18, 2011, 05:08:49 pm »
All I have came across a December 2009 GTD, DSG, 3-door, no xenons but a lot of other toys, 17,000 on the clock.

I think it is too much at £21450 to start with, so I may not take it further, but how much do you think it would be worth in 2 years time, say September 2013, with another 20,000 miles on the clock?

I am trying to determine if there is enough capital in it to sell, trade in and pay off a balloon payment at the end of this time.

So what would a mark 6, GTD, white with 40,000 be worth (it will then be 3 years nine months old).

All opinions welcome  :happy2:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
Re: Worth projections please....buying decision being considered
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 05:19:03 pm »
Not a clue but they are nice cars but why a gtd for such low miles per year when there are better cars for that money that will hold there money better?
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Beddie

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 05:26:51 pm »
It's almost impossible to speculate on used car values at the moment imo as prices seem all over the place...

If you are thinking of paying off a balloon at the end i assume you will be financing via a pcp? if so, the GFV (balloon) will be guaranteed at the beginning of the term to protect you from a negative equity situation at the end so you will always be able to cover the outstanding finance with the value in the car, speculating on any extra equity in the car over and above the GFV is going to be hard to guess but i'd imagine there should be a little extra to help with a deposit on the next car  :happy2:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

psw mk5

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 05:31:44 pm »
JPC juct sold his 08 I think gtd to his old man and that had loads of toys etc and no swirls might be worth a PM for selling price etc  :happy2:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 05:41:44 pm »
JPC juct sold his 08 I think gtd to his old man and that had loads of toys etc and no swirls might be worth a PM for selling price etc  :happy2:
You would hope it had no swirls :signLOL:

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 08:03:23 pm »
It's almost impossible to speculate on used car values at the moment imo as prices seem all over the place...

If you are thinking of paying off a balloon at the end i assume you will be financing via a pcp? if so, the GFV (balloon) will be guaranteed at the beginning of the term to protect you from a negative equity situation at the end so you will always be able to cover the outstanding finance with the value in the car, speculating on any extra equity in the car over and above the GFV is going to be hard to guess but i'd imagine there should be a little extra to help with a deposit on the next car  :happy2:

no. vía m&s finance where you just have the option of selling, paying or financing the balloon payment.

GTD cos I love the golf and its practicality and don't want to lose too much performance away from my GTI.

All speculation of course, I am enjoying my own hugely just now ... ideally I want a GTD with 5 doors and DSG I think.

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 12:43:16 am »
Have you driven one? Thats another topic but I wasnt impressed!

Seems to be ALOT of money for a car thats nearly 2 years old. I would be tempted by a standard GT with some toys. Save yourself a couple of grand easy.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 02:45:44 pm »
Yes I've driven one, I thought it pretty good actually ...not a patch on the GTI though, but the DSG still rocks whatever lump its attached to.

I would be interested in what JHTROPHY would offer as a better car for that money that would hold their money better....

Considering a 123d or 135i but shying away from both due to the impracticality of not having a hatch, (dont say get the hatchback version I think it looks rank  :sick:)

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 07:07:29 pm »
I'm inclined to agree it's expensive. My GTI was 20 months old with 9k on it when I bought it, for 18k. I can't see this being worth 3k more. But the UK has a love affair with dervs, and the perceived savings of a disiesel will keep the residuals up.

Generally the break even point is around 13k miles, less and an economical petrol motor does better, as fuel & maintainance cost more in a diesel. Plus lots of short runs clogs up the DPF and can cause issues.

Have you tried the VW Used Car Locator? You can compare prices on similar vehicles & judge how optimistic the price is: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/used/search/#-
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 03:20:40 pm »
Yes I've driven one, I thought it pretty good actually ...not a patch on the GTI though, but the DSG still rocks whatever lump its attached to.

I would be interested in what JHTROPHY would offer as a better car for that money that would hold their money better....

Considering a 123d or 135i but shying away from both due to the impracticality of not having a hatch, (dont say get the hatchback version I think it looks rank  :sick:)
Not really got anything in particular in mind mate, point was for that sort of milage don't really see the point in a 18k diesel, m3 csl can be had for few grand more and won't loose a penny, passat r36 may hold its ground now they are at 17 ish, 993 911, obviously I have read you want a hatch now but I'm sure there are some hatches, can't imagine ed 30 dropping much over next two years.  :happy2:

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 09:37:23 pm »
Or a mk6 golf gti there was one at lexus glasgow for 17k a wee while ago, if you still fancy a gti ?
It was a stick shift though
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN