Make a donation

Author Topic: Detailing virgin selection of products  (Read 7302 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Detailing virgin selection of products
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2011, 02:30:38 pm »
Tops up the shine. Most have carnauba or somethig else to help bring the shine out. I use it after a routine wash and dry every week or two, in between coats of wax.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2011, 11:39:11 pm »
I can now heartily recommend Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner and Poorboys Wheel Sealant. The Bilberry is a very effective cleaner and leaves a good shine. The Poorboys sealant is to die for - easy to apply and easy to buff off producing a gloss which nearly made me do a sex wee  :ashamed:

For best results apply a couple of coats.

VERDICT: YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF & YOUR MOTOR TO HAVE THESE PRODUCTS IN YOUR LIFE  :drinking:

I also used some Poorboys Natural Look Dressing on the exterior plastics - side skirts, rear bumper, front splitter and trim, grill & honeycombs around the fogs and finally the bits of plastic around the wing mirrors. Now my plastic bits ( :surprised:) weren't suffering too badly anyhow, maybe a wee bit tired, but this product did seem to make them look a bit more alive than they were previously. What you don't get is that wet look, but a wet look was not what i was aiming for anyhow. I'd describe the effect as basically looking akin to how the plastic was at new, however what will be the true test of this product is how long it lasts for. VERDICT: PENDING  :popcornsoda:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:41:36 pm by Frenzy »

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2011, 11:43:37 pm »
The wet look depends on whether you let the product "soak in" or buff off. But wholeheartedly agree with the three products - I use the same! One day, I will eat that wheel sealant! It's like mousse!

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.