Make a donation

Author Topic: Love these wheels!  (Read 4023 times)

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Love these wheels!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 12:21:00 pm »
so going for reps shouldnt necessarily be ignored.  some people say they wont be as good, strong, keep their finish etc as the real ones...is that a true reflection of replica wheels?

Like most things GN, it depends on who makes them, how they are driven on etc etc. I know people that have run reps for years and they've been perfect. I also know people that have had problems with reps. A few with the quality of the finish and one case in particular (with some BBS LM reps) that cracked both front wheels from hitting a small pothole....

I guess that you pays your monies, you make your choices....

I had a set genuine BBS RK504 splits on my Fabia vRS which I loved, but driving with them changed my driving style through fear of damaging them, so I can see the pros & cons of opting for reps.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:25:51 pm by GarethB »

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 12:47:11 pm »
...some people say they wont be as good, strong, keep their finish etc as the real ones...is that a true reflection of replica wheels?

Yes. There is a reason why they are a fraction of the price. Weight is another factor, which in turn directly effects handling feel.

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 05:23:22 am »
the wheels that have been on my mind for a while are the VMR V710, very tasty  :drool:

Do it

Oh ugggggggg, sexual choclate
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.
To be fitted: Reverse Camera & uprated headunit.

Future plans: De-dent & Detail