Make a donation

Author Topic: Potential Gti owner  (Read 1535 times)

Offline zabba

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Potential Gti owner
« on: August 30, 2011, 02:28:36 pm »
Hi All

I'm considering the purcahse of a Mk V Gti, currently drive an Exige but it's proving too impractical and therefore not getting used enough to justify the money I have tied up in it.  It's fantastic to drive but think I'll come back to a hot hatch.  Before the Exige I owned an Ep3 Civc Type R for 5 years and loved it, but think I'll go for somthing turbo charged this time. 

The Golf Gti is top of my list, seems to get good write ups as a great all rounder which is what I'm after, and also like the understated looks.  I drove an Ed 30 DSG a few years ago and was quite impressed, but don't think my budget will stretch to one as I'm going to restrict myself to £10k.  I'm also considering a Mk 2 Leon FR or Cupra, although I'm not a big fan of the looks or interior, but they seem much better value than the Golf. 

I think my perfect spec Golf would be

3dr Graphite Blue
18 Monza's
Sunroof
Xenons

I imagine I would add a remap and maybe R32 brakes later.

Anyway, will arrange for a test drive and see how I get on  :smiley:

Offline Weston

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 32
Re: Potential Gti owner
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 05:28:21 pm »
Welcome  :happy2: Did you think an Exige would be practical?
GTI going...

Offline Mindyloula

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 05:39:43 pm »
I drove an Ed 30 DSG a few years ago and was quite impressed, but don't think my budget will stretch to one as I'm going to restrict myself to £10k. 

Have you checked sites like pistonheads.co.uk? There is currently a 2007/57 DSG Edition 30 for sale on there for £10,995... no mention of the mileage (which is probably not a great sign  :confused:) but other wise looks in pretty good shape.. http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3092895.htm
2006 R32 : DSG : 5DR : Black Magic

Saint Steve

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 06:36:03 pm »
Welcome along...

Im sure that 10k will get you an Ed30, DSG cars maybe slighty higher in price..

11k cars can be bargain'd  :wink:

This one??

but slightly over your budget but worth a look?

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,34220.msg414827/topicseen.html#new

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 06:45:12 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline yellowbelly

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 07:48:08 pm »
I drove an Ed 30 DSG a few years ago and was quite impressed, but don't think my budget will stretch to one as I'm going to restrict myself to £10k. 

Have you checked sites like pistonheads.co.uk? There is currently a 2007/57 DSG Edition 30 for sale on there for £10,995... no mention of the mileage (which is probably not a great sign  :confused:) but other wise looks in pretty good shape.. http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3092895.htm

its in Bradford, enough said!!!

Offline zabba

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 08:34:57 pm »
Yes I knew the exige would be a bit impractical but thought I'd cope with it!

Thanks for the links on the Ed30, probably wasn't clear but it's a manual I'd want, DSG was very impressive but think I'd still prefer a manual.  But I think a manual Ed30 with under 50k would still be over budget.

Saint Steve

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 10:08:53 pm »
^^^ lots of service history wouldnt put me off a vw with over 70k if it ment I got the best GTI for my hard earned.

good luck with your search, I'd still keep your eyes open and not to rule out 10k won't get you an ed30.