Make a donation

Author Topic: How to change display info  (Read 5864 times)

Offline crashdesk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 2
How to change display info
« on: August 23, 2011, 07:46:00 pm »
Just gotncar back and the high line display is now showing the number of minutes I have driven whereas before it was how many miles I had left form the fuel in my tank. How do I go about changing that back? Also how would I get average mpg display?

Thanks

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: How to change display info
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:50:33 pm »
Button on right hand lever. Toggles up and down.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline crashdesk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 09:00:36 pm »
Will check that out now. Ta

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 09:33:06 pm »
I'm not being sarcastic, but have you got an owners manual with your car? All the fiddly info about info screens & so on (and there's a lot of it) is in the 'controls' section.

If you havent got one, I'd seriously recommend picking one up & having a skim through. I learn something else each time I read it :signLOL:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 11:22:53 pm »
I'm not being sarcastic, but have you got an owners manual with your car? All the fiddly info about info screens & so on (and there's a lot of it) is in the 'controls' section.

If you havent got one, I'd seriously recommend picking one up & having a skim through. I learn something else each time I read it :signLOL:

Ha ha, absolutely. Took me weeks to work out how to use the windscreen wipers properly and the day i got my motor home i read the manual and found out the correct procedure for starting the car...  :rolleye:

Offline griff439

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 0
    • http://burnsometime.wordpress.com/
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 12:04:24 pm »

Ha ha, absolutely. Took me weeks to work out how to use the windscreen wipers properly and the day i got my motor home i read the manual and found out the correct procedure for starting the car...  :rolleye:

Correct procidure for starting the car?!! Whatttt?    :scared:
<3 GTI
Check out my personal blog project: http://burnsometime.wordpress.com/

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 12:38:46 pm »
technically:

Switch key to first position - engages electrics, everything lights up on dash - give it a moment (i put my seatbelt on at this point) - now fully depress the clutch and turn the key all the way as you normally do and hold there only for as long as it takes the engine to start (which should just be a fraction of a second).

This method of starting the engine puts the least wear on the car because you are only asking the starter motor to turn over the engine and nothing else - its on page 112 of the 3.1 handbook  :happy2:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 12:49:11 pm »
Staring the car? using the wipers correctly?  :surprised:

Maybe I should read up  :scared: I just start the car, put the wipers on and drive.

'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 09:01:22 pm »
I am ashamed to admit, I haven't got the measure of the auto wipers yet, either that or they're broken...... :laugh:

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html