Make a donation

Author Topic: paint flaking on calipers, to soon??  (Read 908 times)

Offline deeko

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
paint flaking on calipers, to soon??
« on: August 26, 2011, 09:22:31 pm »
alright folks! my 07 ed30 back brake caliper has decided to shed some paint!! it looks terrible! and im seriously thinking about taking it back to the garage were i get it serviced.  Can anyone help or give advice?? Can i ask the vw garage to sort this?? to me an 07 plate car should not be suffering from this. I keep the car gleaming and caliper cleaning was the next small project, so im gutted.  If not, is there anywere in glasgow area i could get it sorted. Any advice help is well appreciated. Cheers. 

Offline Tarmac_Terrorist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 1
Re: paint flaking on calipers, to soon??
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:37:17 pm »
Doesn't sound good   :sad1:   Have you always cleaned them or do you allow valeters to clean the car. Only thing I can think of is if acid wheel cleaners have been left on way too long?

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:52:22 pm »
It's probably brake fluid that has been left on the calipers, they would need to be refurbed so doubt the VW dealer would do anything other than sell you a new set.

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 07:51:44 am »
Hi just a idea, plenty off pps on here have upgraded to the VW 345mm fronts and sometimes sell them just buy some and swap them over.

Or how about borrowing a set off a member and get your set properly sorted by Daveb1970  plenty off 345mm sets around just upgrade and sell yours

From my experiance dealers dont offer much help unless you are spending ££

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 10:03:19 am »
Hi just a idea, plenty off pps on here have upgraded to the VW 345mm fronts and sometimes sell them just buy some and swap them over.

Or how about borrowing a set off a member and get your set properly sorted by Daveb1970  plenty off 345mm sets around just upgrade and sell yours

From my experiance dealers dont offer much help unless you are spending ££

Its the back breaks! Something I should prob change!!
Ed30