Make a donation

Author Topic: Megane Renaultsport cup 250  (Read 24431 times)

Offline candy turbo

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
Re: Megane Renaultsport cup 250
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 08:37:07 pm »
just my opinion , i ve owned a stage 1 ed 30 and ive driven an RS tuned rs 250 i dont go on figures and weight i judge them on sheer driving and imo the megane out performs in fact i would put it on par with a stage 1 S3 (which i ve also had )

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2011, 08:44:25 pm »
Before we do this lol, I will repeat what I have said over and over again on here, two different cars, a Renaultsport will always outperform a standard hot hatch in terms of driving pleasure ( you can argue it won't till your blue in face but it will), but they don't mod very well ( unlike a vw, which is what I love about the vw scene), a well moded ko4 will destroy any Renaultsport I have been in ( which is a few!!) the build quality thing is exagerated on here but It would be, I have covered well over 150k in Renaultsports and nothing has fallen off, as for depriation it's the same, mine has lost 11k in 4 years, what would an ed 30 loose in same time? Or any performance car?
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 08:53:45 pm »
i see what your saying , but if you think they dont mod well drive an RS tuning mapped rs 250 , you may change your view  :happy2:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2011, 08:54:22 pm »
As above owned lots of French stuff it's bollox they all fall to bits they dont unless you treat them like crap but so would any car(Clio trophy cable ties) :signLOL: Jhtrophy has done loads of miles like he says and trust his car gets used. The thing is the meg out of the box you can't knock it it's just good simple as it come with good brakes,good diff,good seats,good chassis and the engine is good too but if modding is your thing then maybe vag is the better option. You can't knock Renaultsport one bit they make awesome cars simple so let's just leave it alone. (unless pov wants to come on and try compare his ttrs) :signLOL:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2011, 09:00:08 pm »
i see what your saying , but if you think they dont mod well drive an RS tuning mapped rs 250 , you may change your view  :happy2:
No doubt mate and Paul knows what he is doing, but a map is not what I mean by modding, I actually think a map spoils the meg without anything else doing as I think dieppe know more about setting a car up than me but that is a matter of opinion :happy2: you getting yours mapped and any other plans?
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2011, 09:10:27 pm »
It doesn't need more power.

Just because you can, doesn't always mean you should.
Sideways yo!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2011, 09:11:13 pm »
just my opinion , i ve owned a stage 1 ed 30 and ive driven an RS tuned rs 250 i dont go on figures and weight i judge them on sheer driving and imo the megane out performs in fact i would put it on par with a stage 1 S3 (which i ve also had )

But if we're talking straight line speed, then an Stage 1 Ed30 is quicker than a Stage 1 S3 in anything but a standing start. So how does that work out?  :confused:
You can get in 2 different cars that are identical in performance terms and it's easy to think one is a lot quicker than the other depending on how it's power is delivered, how loud it is etc etc.  Putting them against the clock is where you will know for sure though.
The 250's mapping potential is a lot better than the previous Meg, no doubt. Paul is also the man when it comes to getting the best from them. But i'm sorry, from what i've seen and experienced, they aint about to leave a Stage 1 Ed30 on anything other than the twisty stuff and the facts and figures only support my theory..
Also, with 270bhp Stage 2 R26/225's blowing up left right and centre, I would be seriously concered about how long the 250's heart can handle 300-320bhp too..  :scared:

Before we do this lol, I will repeat what I have said over and over again on here, two different cars, a Renaultsport will always outperform a standard hot hatch in terms of driving pleasure ( you can argue it won't till your blue in face but it will), but they don't mod very well ( unlike a vw, which is what I love about the vw scene), a well moded ko4 will destroy any Renaultsport I have been in ( which is a few!!) the build quality thing is exagerated on here but It would be, I have covered well over 150k in Renaultsports and nothing has fallen off, as for depriation it's the same, mine has lost 11k in 4 years, what would an ed 30 loose in same time? Or any performance car?

Couldn't agree more tbh...  
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:12:49 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2011, 09:13:31 pm »
So what would I need to take on the RS 250?

Coilovers? ARBs? WALK? Uprated brakes? LSD? All of the above?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2011, 09:18:35 pm »

and more tbh..  :scared: You'd be better off buying one, than trying to empty your bank account trying to out handle one. Let's be honest though, if a split arse is driving it, you should be alright..  :signLOL:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2011, 09:20:16 pm »

So basically what you are saying is that you put it on par with a heavier car that has more drivetrain losses than an ED30. I'd take an ED30 over an S3 in the dry any day :driver:
Golf R gone.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2011, 09:28:19 pm »
I just remembered John, Ian had Custard Code on his VAG's, so that explains it all..   :booty:

Hold tight, this could get interesting...  :signLOL:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2011, 09:28:51 pm »
The main thing you can't replicate is the Perfohub double axis front suspension, it's witch craft I tell thee!!
Sideways yo!

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2011, 09:29:27 pm »

Driving ability.....

I'd happily go head to head with a renultsport at a track day, I have a stage 1 ed30, straight lines isn't were I try to win I like the corners....but I'd be gone by then  :happy2:

People seem to forget how the golf feels, it's a golf! Designed to be silent, designed to be a great family car,designed to last
When I first got my ed30 I was unsure what was faster out of my old polo g40 (171bhp) or the standard ed30, after the 1st "spirited" drive I realised the gold was faster by a fair bit! The golf took lots less effort to do what the G40 took lots of effort to do, the G40 felt fast as the noise from the exhaust was louder, road noise was louder, steering was more of a fight, car was lower.....so the car had a kind of "4D cinema" effect, when people went out in it there was "WOW SLOW DOWN" although the car was fast its effects made it seem faster than it was, the golf will have people sit in complete silence, you have no sense of speed, it's very silent, very little road noise.....there for it didn't feel to "alive" feels kind of numb? BUT when you look at the speedo things are different and you go from being in a comfort zone to a "SHI7!" you have no real sense of speed, kind of like riding a push bike...feels faster than your actually going!'
Its how well the driver can drive, Id happily put the golf against a non standard renultsport at a track day and I'll be very very confident in what would happen  :smiley: I've got lots of experience from both brands too  :happy2:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2011, 09:30:09 pm »
The main thing you can't replicate is the Perfohub double axis front suspension, it's witch craft I tell thee!!

You just made that up Mike? Sounds like something out of Buck Rogers..  :signLOL:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2011, 09:36:30 pm »
Sounds like a sex aid, eh?

JackG.... LOL, bless your cotton socks. You wouldn't stand a chance.
Sideways yo!