Make a donation

Author Topic: My Edition30  (Read 10609 times)

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
My Edition30
« on: March 28, 2009, 10:40:13 pm »
I haven't posted pics of my car since i have been here so thought i would share as everyone likes pics :happy2:. I am not updating all the time as 2 kids and a wife dont allow it.This is my 2nd golf the 1st being a slightly modded MKIV GTI 180 so the modding bug had started long ago.Rolling along, the day the car was picked up.Steel Grey, 5DR, manual.ipod connector, lux pack and armrest.

I didn't have the car long then before i paid a visit to my local GIAC dealer, opted for the pump & race settings, nifty wee flashloader to switch between maps.

then some interior bling, OSIR footrest & seat inserts from Gulf of this site :happy2:

now I looked at the intake, everyone was buying the Carbonio and it looked good but then Greenouse bought one from an ebay seller in the U.S much cheaper and it looks the exact same and does the exact same so I bought one too

It looked the part when fitted, and a slighlty sharper throttle response I think or was it my imagination?
A trip to Awesome for a Rolling Road day with some of the guys from here and I bought an ECS dogbone insert, cheap and well worth the cash.No cabin vibration unlike the one on the MKIV.

Now an area of great deliberation between fellow forum members.....open fog grilles, personally i like them so i bought them from Fischer motorsport

Now i got an offer of a slightly cheaper new S3 intercooler from a guy i knew so it was a no brainer and i bought it

I had also bought a secondhand set of R32 brakes of ebay as it was taking to long to buy from VW direct plus the parts were way dear, so these  came along @ £205 with delivery :happy2: a bit grubby

but i stripped them down and sent them to the powdercaters, they come apart, caliper section and piston section.

the difference was very noticeable over stock ed30 brakes, slightly grabby at low speeds but they do the job for me.
Now after being at Inters i saw a few GTI's and ED30's that were on different tuners stands but RobMKV's car stood out fitted with the
Dbilas fitted luckily enough it came up for sale so i bought it.Unfortunately Rob's car was a the  KO3 GTI and mines the KO4 ED30 a detail i forgot about in my haste to buy thr intake.luckily some of the Audi guys were modding the dbilas for the ko3's and a simple pipe form Forge was all that was needed to convert to ko4, phew!

The car was now begining to take shape so to speak and the power was definately there.I had been looking at fuel pumps for some time and thought it was a good idea espec with the maps and intercooler fitted so another trip and I decided on the Autotech HPFP

It doesn't look much but nice wee bit of engineering.Interior wise i relocated the ipod connector from the glove box to the ashtray for ease of use.
So that its it so far my next purchase is an exhaust when the funds allow it.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 10:43:59 pm by keith »

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Re: My Edition30
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 10:45:38 pm »
 :party: liking this

so your on track with the go and stop, whats the plans on the handling?

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 06:34:03 pm »
Nice write up Keith, about bloody time you did something like this.  :drinking:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 06:43:27 pm »
Very nice! You've done well so far considering your wife doesn't allow you to update the car all the time!!  :smiley: :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 07:46:38 pm »
Very nice mate. How much was the dbilas intake?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 10:37:43 pm »
:party: liking this

so your on track with the go and stop, whats the plans on the handling?
Nice write up Keith, about bloody time you did something like this.  :drinking:

As i dont track the car it was further down my to-do list but my tuner has a Peloquin Dif sitting on the shelf that i would like :happy2: I wouldn't mind dropping the car 30-40mm and fitting some spacers too. I had a Koni FSD kit that was fitted to my MKII leon fr but was advised it wouldn't fit the ed30 so i sold it :ashamed:.

Aye your right I took to long :grin:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 10:42:55 pm »
Nice write up Keith, look forward to seeing her in the flesh at Inters  :drinking:

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 10:51:47 pm »
cheers guys,
I ordered a Heatshield for the Dbilas yesterday as apparently they make them now so Regal advise, but i have a feeling it will be a Evoms one that i will get. It mounts to the rear engine cover mounts should be here monday :happy2:

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 10:32:21 pm »
Yahoo another wee mod, the Dbilas heatshield arrived and if someone would buy my cg-lock i could get some WALK too.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 10:37:20 pm »
pictures.... i demand pictures.....  :party:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 10:12:54 am »
very nice car mate. love the brakes

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 10:28:24 am »
Looking good Keith, some great mods you have there  :drool: :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Altered Carbon

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 08:52:18 am »
Car is looking good and some nice mods there Keith - will need to catch up with you at some point as I've yet to experience a remapped Ed30  :happy2:

2008 Candy White | Edition 30

Offline cal tdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
  • dub or die
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 03:38:27 pm »
top stuff
some well thought out mods especially liking the stoppers
Candy weiß Mk6 GTI - Stage 2

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 04:53:55 pm »
Hevent posted for ages :ashamed:
so here's the Dbilas heatsheild installed required a larger headed driver to get the securing pins of.

Also fitted 2x Mitchelin PS2 XL as the front two were on the limit after 18.5k miles previous ones were Conti Sport2.
and also some Bluetooth as i dont have RNS510 or MFSW :ashamed:  oh the poverty.

reads out your texts :happy2: thanks to SteveP for bringing this one to my attentionas i was going to get another ParrotCK3100.
removeable to.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 04:55:57 pm by keith »