Make a donation

Author Topic: MTM remaps  (Read 1911 times)

Offline andyboygsi

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
MTM remaps
« on: August 30, 2011, 06:24:06 pm »
has anyone ever thought of stumping up the cash for an mtm remap, apparently you only need to pay it once and you can then return for updates to stg 2, 2+ etc.

however at a grand its well pricey compared to others. also the guy who started it is responsible for ecus on vag cars for 15 years or so!

what are the thoughts of those in the know????

thanks all  :happy2:

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: MTM remaps
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 06:31:09 pm »
Stay clear would be my opinion! Never worth the cash unless you need to keep your warranty. Good map, good power, smooth as hell but never in a million years worth the cash. Stevie.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 07:34:20 pm »
MTM in the UK means going to QST.

I'm sure that some folks have been very satisfied with them but they have an appalling aftersales attitude and their remap of the Mk5 GTI was greatly lacking in driveability. A visit to Court had to be threatened. That was about 3 years ago - Perhaps their ways have changed.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 07:52:34 pm »
I havent personally had any experience with MTM but my friend got his S3 sportback remapped by them an loved it, he got put on to them by Audi. He cant fault them in anyway. Me personally i think theyr pretty expensive but he seems to think it was worth every penny  :happy2:
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Offline andyboygsi

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 09:51:25 pm »
there is an authoorised dealer in scotland, bjf motorsport now, he is in clydebank.

i know the guy well and he was saying that the mtm setup is the best bar none

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 10:08:25 pm »
The MTM Mk5 GTI I drove would get wheelspin in 4th and power was either 'on' or 'off' - Not what I call good driveability. But, as I said before, it was a few years ago.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!