Make a donation

Author Topic: Service Requirements  (Read 847 times)

Offline Toddmk5gti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Service Requirements
« on: August 30, 2011, 03:31:03 pm »
Due to where a family member works I can get the labour involved with a service done for free, I just need to supply the parts, my Golf's just reached 74,000 miles and the "service now" indicator has just come on.

It's on 05 plate GTI and has had the cambelt changed at the last service. What work would people advise having done at the next service? and what parts would people recommend?

I'm looking to have the service done in the next few weeks, so any advice at all would be greatly appreciated ?     :smiley:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Re: Service Requirements
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 03:46:28 pm »
I'd advise the VW schedule is where I'd start. If its DSG it will want box oil change every 40k. By the sounds of it, youre on long life service regime? If so, I'd shift it to time & distance, so every year or 10k. Make sure you're still getting long life oil, irrespective of the service regime. Plenty of threads on here regards this. :happy2:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Toddmk5gti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Service Requirements
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:43:14 pm »
Sorry forget to say it's a manuel, so apart from oil, can anyone recommend decent spark plugs ? Filters etc?