Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie - Service Question/Help  (Read 754 times)

Offline bankies

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Newbie - Service Question/Help
« on: September 01, 2011, 10:50:27 am »
Hi, picked up a 55plate Golf Gti last week from dealer (not VW) last week, car is 1 owner full VW service history, last serviced July 10 @ 48k, on long life servicing and now at 59k.

The next day I went out to start it and the service message came on 1500miles/7 days. I contacted the dealer who suggested it was not reset at the last service as it is on 2 yrs service interval.

Do you think it does need reset or does it actually need a service?

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Newbie - Service Question/Help
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 10:58:14 am »
Welcome to the forum  :happy2: There is no such thing as a 2 year service plan, he means the long life plan which ( could ) be up to two years. Your car looks like it has done 11,000 since it's last service which means it is due one. The long life plan has no specific mileage or time for service, the car tells you when it is due, based on how the car has been driven. This could be 5,000 miles right up to 20,000. You need to get it serviced using the long-life oil still, but ask the garage doing the service to change it to time and date service intervals, which is an annual service  recommemended for turbo'd cars.  :happy2:

Offline bankies

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Newbie - Service Question/Help
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 01:12:49 pm »
TopCat thanks for the quick reply!!!  :happy2:

They are a Jaguar dealer so I might have to convince them of this and get them to give it a service.