Make a donation

Author Topic: A spot of luck  (Read 688 times)

Offline joeya

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
A spot of luck
« on: September 01, 2011, 08:16:09 pm »
The GF also has a mk5 golf same as me but the 1.9tdi, last weekend when popping back from the shops it started up and was a bit louder than normal. Move off and theres was the dreaded metal grinding sound, on the 7 mile trip back the car was running really rough and when I put the power down it would do a lot of vibrating with a fast metal bumping noise  :scared:

First thought was turbo was on its way but after abit of playing pulling in and out the clutch and moving forward slightly it was something to do with the clutch. At this point £700+ of replacing the DMF & Clutch hit me which when your about to sell car its not good, already spent a heap on replacing all the springs,tyres, calipers, disks and pads!

I was pretty sure it was the clutch as I've heard that theres a sensor in the DMF which is if its broke will handicap the car.

Well took it round to my mates garage and.....

Turns out the flexi pipe on downpipe has broken and was resting on the clutch, so the noise heard when engaging the clutch was the exhaust rattling and the reason for the lack of power was no exhaust!!

So a new flexi pipe is getting fitted tmr for a lot cheaper than a new clutch!!  :smiley: