Make a donation

Author Topic: Volkswagen 6-speed Short Shifter Question  (Read 1825 times)

vdubdduder

Volkswagen 6-speed Short Shifter Question
« on: September 02, 2011, 08:46:26 pm »
Hey Guys,

New here, but I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I'm looking for a short shifter for my car, and I came across this on another forum; a company called TWM Performance. I've never heard of them, but their site looks like they make nice stuff. Just wondering if I should go with these guys as the quality seems better than anything out there, and it has features no body else has...

Here's a quote from the forum:

New Product PROTOTYPE Pics for everyone! (Production version will be slightly more refined!) Thanks for the Pre-Orders to date! These are in production as we speak!

-- Full VW 6-Speed Short Shifter --

-- New Cable Clamp technology --

Featuring precision machined cups and our tried, tested and PROVEN Cable Attachment technology, you are SURE to get the tightest fit which translates into a more positive, accurate and precise shift!

-- Counterweights --

An INDUSTRY FIRST, TWM Performance is one of the ONLY companies to include a Counterweight in the design, and is the ONLY company to offer an Adjustable Counterweight! This means that your can ADJUST the FEEL of your Short Shifter to CUSTOMIZE Your Preference!

-- Retains OEM Side-to-Side Throw Travel --

In accordance with industry standards and, TWM Performance's Short Shifter for the 6-speed VW Transmission retains the OEM side-to-side travel! This is to assure that our customers DO NOT Miss gates that could potentially cause Large damage to engine internals!

Get Yours at the SPECIAL Pre-Order PRICE TODAY and the LINK found below!

Pre-Order HERE!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Re: Volkswagen 6-speed Short Shifter Question
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 08:53:11 pm »
Ive got the forge one fitted pal with the side to side shifter and never missed a gear yet, so dont know what there banging on about there but looks a decent bit of kit. Whats the price on it mate

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 10:26:06 pm »
I've got the diesel geek sigma 6 which has no counter weight and much shorter side to side and feels perfect.

Not cheap at 200 odd quid though.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

vdubdduder

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 12:42:25 pm »
Ive got the forge one fitted pal with the side to side shifter and never missed a gear yet, so dont know what there banging on about there but looks a decent bit of kit. Whats the price on it mate

Looks like they've got it on pre-order for about $250

I think I'm gonna take the plunge and do a review on it :)