Make a donation

Author Topic: Autoperfection Group buy...  (Read 14463 times)

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Re: Autoperfection Group buy...
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2009, 11:56:59 am »
waxes arrived this morning  :happy2: many thanks.... trying not to eat them  :party:

will try them on the car in the next day or so, gotta get messy today - oil change on a MK2 golf -  :happy2:

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 28
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2009, 12:25:39 pm »
Glad you got them - they do smell good, don't they?!  :happy2:

Hopefully you're forecast some good weather down there so you can get outside and try them out :smiley:

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2009, 12:28:32 pm »
iqas tempted into trying the dodo wax for the gray colours.. Do you do samples?

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2009, 12:51:37 pm »
iqas tempted into trying the dodo wax for the gray colours.. Do you do samples?

We've sent a PM  :happy2:

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2009, 01:00:05 pm »
i cant wait for my dodo to come so i can get out there with the car :) watch out Phylis im after the cleanest red gti ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:31:24 pm by NEWEY »

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2009, 01:19:19 pm »
i cant wait for my dodo to come so i cant get out there with the car :) watch out Phylis im after the cleanest red gti ;)

Hold your breath when you open the pot, otherwise you might be tempted to eat it before you even get outside to start cleaning the car!!  :grin:

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2009, 01:20:34 pm »
We've gone with the snow foam and lance... details of what's available are in the Group Buy section

Thanks for everyone's input  :smiley:

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2009, 02:14:59 pm »
I have a reflex silver MK5, what wax would you reccomend?
Thanks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2009, 04:12:14 pm »
Hi Big Al,

For Silver you've got a couple of options...  Our personal recommendation would be Lusso Oro - in terms of ease of use, value for money and the results achieved, in our opinion this is the best wax available.

You've also got a couple of options with Dodo Juice - either Diamond White or Light Fantastic are the colour charged waxes for Silver and White cars.  Diamond White is the hard wax, so in principal will give slightly more durabitlity, and Light Fantastic is the soft wax, which in principal gives a more glossy look.  Having said that, these two waxes are both good performing waxes and the differences between the two won't be that noticable.

If your budget allows, you could also look at Dodo Juice Supernatural, which is their higher end wax and works well on light colours, as well as providing slightly more durability.

Sorry we haven't been more specific with our answer!  Wax choice depends a lot on personal preference really, but any of the four above would be a good choice for you.

Hope this helps

Taryn and Jim :happy2:

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2009, 06:00:46 pm »
Hiya guys.

As your dispensing free advice what would you recommend for a tornado red? Can I really expect a huge difference in shine from an expensive wax too or is more to do with longevity?

Cheers.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2009, 02:10:44 pm »
Hi Boothmeister

For Tornado Red there are a number of waxes that you can choose from.  Our personal recommendation would be Lusso Oro as we feel that this wax performs excellently on all coloured cars, it's incredibly easy to use and it's a great value for money product.

There are also a number of Dodo Juice waxes that would be good choices... The two generic waxes, Hard Candy and Rainforest Rub would be good options for Red, or the two colour charged waxes are Banana Armour and Orange Crush.  If your budget allows, you could consider Dodo Juice Supernatural.

If you were to go for a higher end wax the main difference you will notice is the durability.  You tend to get protection for longer, meaning you have to reapply wax less often when using a more expensive wax, and of course with some of them the overall depth of gloss and shine will be noticably different.  However, having said that, there are a number of waxes on the market at the moment that are within a reasonable price range and provide excellent results... most of which we've mentioned above  :smiley:

Apologies for not giving a very specific answer... as we've said many times, wax choice really comes down to personal preference a lot.  If you're looking for a wax that you can apply once and not have to reapply for a good six months or so, then you really need to be looking at something like Swissvax Mystery or Divine, however, if you're more interested in an easy to use wax that you can get out and reapply once a month or so, then any of the above would be excellent choices.

Hope this helps

Taryn and Jim  :happy2:

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2009, 06:55:44 pm »
Cheers chaps! :happy2: