Make a donation

Author Topic: interior lights  (Read 2282 times)

Offline shugyboi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
interior lights
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:46:47 am »
sorry to be a pain peeps am looking to change some of the lights inside the car.
hoping the footwell lights will be easy enough but i was also looking to change the lights that shine down from the front interior (red lights) not sure if these are called mood lights
is this possible and if so what kind of bulbs do i need. thanks in advanced.

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline shugyboi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: interior lights
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 09:52:17 am »
cheers mate just found them after i typed up  :rolleye:

did you change the bulbs that shine down as well?

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • iBett
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 10:08:40 am »
I've done all now, the bulbs that shine down R.E. map lights were easy, theres 2 like vent things on the unit, on the side furthest away from the windscreen get in a small screwdriver and that just pops of, under there is 2 x Torx screws 9will get size in a minute) undo these and the unit is free to come down.

To replace the bulbs there in sexy little holders, just twist the holders anti-clockwise, bulb out the bulb and replace. I had to turn my LED bulb around once of twice to get it to work, but I swapped them whilst the lights were on so I didn't put everything back and it not to work. This might be un-safe I'm not sure!

Hope this helps!

Offline shugyboi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 10:17:41 am »
champion mate might give that a shot the night then. ive got a full set of torx adaptors so dont worry about getting the size
find the interior lighting very boring so nice wee l.e.d's will sort that  :smiley:

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • iBett
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 10:39:56 am »
champion mate might give that a shot the night then. ive got a full set of torx adaptors so dont worry about getting the size
find the interior lighting very boring so nice wee l.e.d's will sort that  :smiley:

Makes a huge difference mate it really does, the bulbs I got were 8 or 6 SMD version in bright light, when it's night time now and I come home, turn the car of and the lights are bright anyone would think it's daylight haha!

Offline shugyboi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 10:44:59 am »
were did you get yer bulbs from mate? i was gonna goto a wee shop in glasgow but im open to other places

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • iBett
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 10:56:45 am »
|Just got mine of eBay mate, £2-3 I think they were!

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 02:39:35 pm »
This could be the way forward if you haven't got any bulbs yet -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140547920140?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline 81lly

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 03:46:34 pm »
I've done all now, the bulbs that shine down R.E. map lights were easy, theres 2 like vent things on the unit, on the side furthest away from the windscreen get in a small screwdriver and that just pops of, under there is 2 x Torx screws 9will get size in a minute) undo these and the unit is free to come down.

To replace the bulbs there in sexy little holders, just twist the holders anti-clockwise, bulb out the bulb and replace. I had to turn my LED bulb around once of twice to get it to work, but I swapped them whilst the lights were on so I didn't put everything back and it not to work. This might be un-safe I'm not sure!

Hope this helps!

The bulbs pop out, you don't need to unscrew anything to get to them :rolleye:

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • iBett
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 10:06:28 pm »

Hope this helps!

The bulbs pop out, you don't need to unscrew anything to get to them :rolleye:

The side ones?

I have to screw mine in the holders to get them out? Eithernthat or it just make it a hellmof a lot easier?