Make a donation

Author Topic: JKM Rolling Road - 15th October 2011....  (Read 76745 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Re: JKM Rolling Road - 15th October 2011....
« Reply #420 on: October 22, 2011, 12:03:08 am »
Now I've got something funny fuel pressure related going on :( Just when things are starting to look up  :fighting:

Looks like another call to super chips is in order.
This is why I changed tuner, I lost count of the amount of map revisions I had with bluefin
Hmm, how many versions did I get from a certain tuner :stupid:

Saint Steve

« Reply #421 on: October 22, 2011, 07:12:00 am »
 ^^^ any remap with a sick engine isn't gonna work though to be fair...

I'm sure SC will fix it Alex, remember to pay this time though. You still haven't payed them, perhaps that's why? Lol

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #422 on: October 22, 2011, 07:13:33 am »
 :signLOL:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #423 on: October 22, 2011, 09:08:22 am »
Now I've got something funny fuel pressure related going on :( Just when things are starting to look up  :fighting:

This is why I changed tuner, I lost count of the amount of map revisions I had with bluefin
but your every tuners nightmare, because your engines made of chocolate and its never running right.  Let's be fair when you've been through 4 different tiners with it never being 100% I think we can write off the map as the problem.

@ alex. Id consider a trip to superchips hq so they can do it on their dyno

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #424 on: October 22, 2011, 11:04:06 am »

but your every tuners nightmare, because your engines made of chocolate and its never running right.  Let's be fair when you've been through 4 different tiners with it never being 100% I think we can write off the map as the problem.

I had no problems or errors with PDtuning or Superchips maps :P

Offline shark_90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • Purveyor of fine remaps
    • Shark Performance
    • Email
« Reply #425 on: October 26, 2011, 05:33:02 pm »

If you didn't keep changing things and dynoing your car every 6 hours then perhaps there'd be no need.  :P

I'd call a million free map revisions good customer service, there's not many other places you'd get that.
Bargin!! and i can vouch for ben knowing his stuff! the guys an ECU freak!  :laugh:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #426 on: October 26, 2011, 06:36:56 pm »

If you didn't keep changing things and dynoing your car every 6 hours then perhaps there'd be no need.  :P

I'd call a million free map revisions good customer service, there's not many other places you'd get that.

Or the Tuner can't get it right in the first place  :evilgrin:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #427 on: October 26, 2011, 06:57:26 pm »
I never mentioned the tuner Ben, and have never said anything about bad customer service  :surprised:

4 rolling road sessions in 6 months, 7 maps which I am grateful for (9 including the 2 stage 1 maps)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:41:38 pm by heavyd »

Offline shark_90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Shark Performance
    • Email
« Reply #428 on: October 26, 2011, 07:02:39 pm »

Or the Tuner can't get it right in the first place  :evilgrin:

Yeah yeah  :P  :innocent:
Bargin!! and i can vouch for ben knowing his stuff! the guys an ECU freak!  :laugh:

Offline shark_90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Shark Performance
    • Email
« Reply #429 on: October 26, 2011, 07:35:39 pm »
I never mentioned the tuner Ben, and have never said anything about bad customer service  :surprised:
I'm very grateful for the map revisions :happy2:

1. Stage 3 map 16 april - felt flat
2. stage 3 map test - very  high settings - 17th april
3. stage 3 map final 29th april

engine light on

4.stage 3 map - no CEL light 19th may

i. Rolling road at RS tuning 21st may 317bhp / 280 lb/ft torque

5.stage 3 sorted - end of may full day at Shark HQ, set up by Mikko, all day tweaking map  and datalogging on road.
                           Brake pedal travel very bad on way home
                         New discs and pads fitted, litre upon litre of fluid bled through, brakes still no good,  R32 brake kit fitted then master cylinder replaced ,brakes great :driver: ~£900 in total

ii. Rolling road at pdtuning 2nd June 334bhp 320lb/ft torque

Revo dsg added 8th June - Only change actually made to engine
iii. Rolling roaded at 348bhp 349 lb/ft torque

iiii. Rolling road day PDtuning 16th July 331bhp 350lb/ft torque

Very high timing pull with vcds

6. Stage 3 remap with less timing 2nd august

car has now got massive boost spike

7. stage 3 remap with less boost 4th august

iv. Rolling road day at Evotune 293 bhp / 320lb/ft torque
    rolling road same day with stock map, 235bhp, 250lb/ft torque

12th september, new turbo fitted at vw dealers £1370
car returned fully to stock at dealers request, exhaust off etc. apr hpfp sold, forge twintake sold.
19th september, fault finding at dealers until 14th october. £390
22nd october, full engine rebuild, £unknown yet at is currently being done probably £1300-£1500

4 rolling road sessions in 6 months, 7 maps which I am grateful for (9 including the 2 stage 1 maps)

You've obviously had lots of problems with the car Dom and at one point it was running perfectly. As you know I offered to help and even contribute towards your brake problem but having mapped countless cars on roads/airfields some with higher power than yours, I know that while we might have got your brakes a bit hot with a few 3rd gear runs and then back down to 30mph or so, that didn't kill your brakes. Stock cars manage on track days, no reason why your car should have had a brake problem from that.

Anyway, the point was that we didn't just chuck our developed stage 3 map at you and left it at that. We worked with you to get it to how you wanted it, which I think we managed after the visit down to us? The car ran perfectly then. It's impossible to know what's happened to your car especially as it had 3 different tuners' maps on before ours. What I do know is that it ran fine as per your visit prior to the RR day of 2nd June.
We've spent countless hours working with you, retuning your car using the STS/logging method and also nearly a full day with you down here, a free few hours sorting out your STS and telling you that you didn't need a new turbo that you had done anyway.. we tried our best to help. I also checked some of your "very high timing pull logs" and as there's no actual ignition angle logged in those files (block 003) it's impossible to know exactly what the car was doing, so while there was evidence of -9 on one cylinder for around 2.5 seconds, we can't compare that to the actual ignition angle and so we can't even guess why it was showing -9. That was after the DSG map was added and so a rather large variable had changed and none of our previous logs from your visit here were useable as a comparison.

So alright, my comment was a bit throwaway and only meant as a joke, didn't really expect a potted history of the last 6 months in reply.

Either way I'm gonna bow out of this situation here as I don't think it's constructive for either of us. If you have any issues to take up with me I'd rather it was done directly by email or by phone, you know I'll help as much as I can  :drinking:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #430 on: October 26, 2011, 07:52:44 pm »
6 month history removed then.
I havent pointed the finger at you, in the other post I simply stated that other tuners dont get it right first time either. I did a swap for a map for the brakes as you well know. If you go through other posts you can see I have promoted your maps for you.
I havent really got a sense of humour as far the car is concerned, I only build datsuns for a living, so my pockets are getting very shallow because of the car :sad1:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:34:05 pm by heavyd »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #431 on: October 27, 2011, 06:09:27 pm »
^
Why do you guys have to have this loooong discussion in this JKM Dyno-Day thread!?  :fighting:

As I started this thread I have a good mind to lock it.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #432 on: October 27, 2011, 06:36:35 pm »
^
Why do you guys have to have this loooong discussion in this JKM Dyno-Day thread!?  :fighting:

As I started this thread I have a good mind to lock it.

A joke with sy turned bad and  pushed ended up pushing the wrong buttons :popcornsoda:
apologies Robin, discussion has ended :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #433 on: October 27, 2011, 07:22:47 pm »
^
Cheers, mate  :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!