Make a donation

Author Topic: New wiper blades.  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Re: New wiper blades.
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 04:20:50 pm »
I just found this:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Golf_2.0_2007/p/car-parts/car-body-parts-and-car-exhaust/wipers/wiper-blade/?485776410&1&150480e2ea654af4a3c065abef2c0ec65305252a&000604

Is it the same/better quality then OEM?

thats the one i got recently (from ebay though).. i found it much better than the OEM one - i think the oem one is Valeo..

Ok cool. Ordered :happy2:

An update:

Received the blade today. It’s the wrong one!!! On ECP's site it is the only rear blade that comes up when searching under Golf Mk5's and it’s the wrong part :confused:

Not pleased to say the least. Not what I would expect from ECP.

After doing some searching on Google it seems the part I should have got was A330H not H330 (a Ford part) which is what ECP are selling.

Time to test their customer service department I guess.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 08:21:20 pm »
A few years ago, I ordered wiper blades online from ECP.  They turned out to be the wrong size but as I had a day off, I decided to take them back to the nearest ECP shop and swap them for the right ones.  The manager wasn't happy, and said I had to return them online.  I read out the Ts & Cs from the back of the invoice - "Alternatively, you may return it to your nearest store."  It all got resolved, but in a very grumpy fashion (them, not me).
Since then, I've always phoned my order through.  Bizarrely there seem to be fewer mistakes.

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 03:38:38 pm »
A few years ago, I ordered wiper blades online from ECP.  They turned out to be the wrong size but as I had a day off, I decided to take them back to the nearest ECP shop and swap them for the right ones.  The manager wasn't happy, and said I had to return them online.  I read out the Ts & Cs from the back of the invoice - "Alternatively, you may return it to your nearest store."  It all got resolved, but in a very grumpy fashion (them, not me).
Since then, I've always phoned my order through.  Bizarrely there seem to be fewer mistakes.

Thanks for the info. I will keep it in mind.

I got the following reply this morning:

Dear Kalpesh

Thank you for your email
Apologies for any inconvenience caused with this
You can take your incorrect part back to your local store for a refund or send it back to the wembley address located on top of the invoice
Please find below our store finder to check for your local store.
http://www.eurocarparts.com/store-locator
If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us

Kind Regards

I am planning on taking it back to my nearest store for a refund preferably as have ordered the correct one from elsewhere.

I will take a print out of this email from their online customer service department just incase I get a similar response to yours.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 05:13:02 pm »
I'm pleased.  It sounds as though they've improved.

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.