Make a donation

Author Topic: some advice please on a new car please  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: some advice please on a new car please
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 01:50:43 pm »
all i will say is 3 series coupe  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:drool: :drool:

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 01:25:42 pm »
Yet again the old hatchback came into its own yesterday, needed a new dishwasher....slipped straight into the back of the golf....

I am seriously rethinking my new car requirements.

Saint Steve

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 01:28:52 pm »
Yet again the old hatchback came into its own yesterday, needed a new dishwasher....slipped straight into the back of the golf....

Ed30 cough   :wink: or Mint pirelli  :happy2:

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 01:37:51 pm »
Are you set on a bmw? As the S5's have really come down in value recently for 2008 and newer. Just a thought.

I think both the s5 and 3 series coupe look amazing with right bumpers. (Autovogue kit especially)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 01:47:03 pm »

I had my 325Ci while renovating a house. It proved to be an amazingly versatile car - more so than I ever remember the Golf being. Granted you wouldn't be able to put any white appliances in it, but how often does that occurrence arise anyway. I had it loaded with all sorts of stuff.

Given the choice between a Golf and a 3-Series Coupe I'd choose the BMW. I've really fond memories of my old one and definitely plan to get back in one sometime soon.

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 01:50:23 pm »
Recently I have stacked a garden patio set with 4 chairs (non folding) parasol and glass top into the car, the week after a KING sized double bed and memory foam mattress! a Keter Store it OUT XL and to top it all a new Bosch dishwahser! lol

NOT all at once of course, every other weekend but the golf is a car that just keeps giving.

I want a 2008 or newer really for my next car, 2008 is even pushing it to be honest.

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 09:11:55 pm »
what about a 130i 5 door?
Ed30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 08:21:31 pm »
whooops....new car on way.... :drool:

2009 330d Msport auto Highline with all the toys....

Got shafted on the trade in though but a good price at the other end...so whilst I hate to give my GTI away for £7500 I am getting a pretty good deal. Pics will follow.

I'd love to sell mine privately and give it to a decent home, but I pick the new car up on Thursday  :drinking: :star:

Cant say how much I will miss my gti I really can't. it was and is a perfect car. It is just time for a change. Anyone looking for a 2005 (55) MY 2006 DSG GTI 3 door Tornado Red with every single extra (except recaro hard backed seats), just serviced, mot fgr full year, 4 new ps3s,  give me a shout you could be in for a huge bargain.

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 11:03:10 pm »

Got shafted on the trade in though but a good price at the other end...so whilst I hate to give my GTI away for £7500 I am getting a pretty good deal. Pics will follow.

I'd love to sell mine privately and give it to a decent home, but I pick the new car up on Thursday  :drinking: :star:

Cant say how much I will miss my gti I really can't. it was and is a perfect car. It is just time for a change. Anyone looking for a 2005 (55) MY 2006 DSG GTI 3 door Tornado Red with every single extra (except recaro hard backed seats), just
serviced, mot fgr full year, 4 new ps3s,  give me a shout you could be in for a huge bargain.

I know someone who is looking. Yours sounds just what he's after. Have you any pics?
Ed30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 07:10:48 am »

Cant say how much I will miss my gti I really can't. it was and is a perfect car. It is just time for a change. Anyone looking for a 2005 (55) MY 2006 DSG GTI 3 door Tornado Red with every single extra (except recaro hard backed seats), just
serviced, mot fgr full year, 4 new ps3s,  give me a shout you could be in for a huge bargain.

I know someone who is looking. Yours sounds just what he's after. Have you any pics?

There you go matey, don't hesitate to get in touch but I think time is against us.
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,34982.0.html

Offline alex_chung

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 11:06:24 am »

Cant say how much I will miss my gti I really can't. it was and is a perfect car. It is just time for a change. Anyone looking for a 2005 (55) MY 2006 DSG GTI 3 door Tornado Red with every single extra (except recaro hard backed seats), just serviced, mot fgr full year, 4 new ps3s,  give me a shout you could be in for a huge bargain.

Whoops indeed!! Need to see pics! Congrats on the new purchase :D
Alex

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 12:46:55 pm »
Congrats on the new automobile!!

Not driven the 330D, had a go in a 325D and a 335i also an E46 (I think 2004) M3 and numerous other variations, really like the BMWs. Not get saving for some snow tyres for the coming months  :signLOL:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 04:15:11 pm »
Nice one power AND economy is a winsome combination.  To be honest £7500 doesn't sound too bad for an 06 plate.  They have taken a huge dip recently it seems.

Wouldn't mind one of these myself but the snow in Aberdeenshire puts the fear in me - snow tyres or not.  :sad1:
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant