Make a donation

Author Topic: Looking into Stage 1 on ed30 - midlands area  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Jay_bcfc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
  • MK5 Pirelli previous MK6 Gti ED30 and MK5 R32
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu326/jaybcfc1983/Pirelli_2_zpso5tdkgow.jpg
Looking into Stage 1 on ed30 - midlands area
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:24:36 pm »
Hi, After talking to another ed-30 owner and reading everyones opinions on here im considering going for the revo stage 1  :jumping:
Now im abit of a newbie when it comes to this kind of tuning but providing my insurer does ask me for to much extra im going to take the jump  :driver:

Im based in the Midlands, and looking at the Revo dealer search there are two dealers within 10miles. Does anyone have any experience with Aldon Altomotive Brierley hill or DG autotech in Kidderminster?? Or does anyone recomend anyone else in the West Midlands??

Sorry for the newbie questions but I only have a couple  :jumping: have most people gone for the 99ron  option?bearing in mind i usually fill up with I think 97ron super unleaded (I think) from sainisburys..and is it ok for me to upgrade the DV after the maps been done?
Also what is an SPS switch and how does it work? where does it plug into?  :party:
Thanks

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=q65lvg2kqf2kipbb4s0i23c7co&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Looking into Stage 1 on ed30 - midlands area
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 09:35:13 pm »
I would go to revo direct in Daventry. Not too far from you.

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 08:51:43 pm »

Sorry for the newbie questions but I only have a couple  :jumping: have most people gone for the 99ron  option?bearing in mind i usually fill up with I think 97ron super unleaded (I think) from sainisburys..and is it ok for me to upgrade the DV after the maps been done?
Also what is an SPS switch and how does it work? where does it plug into?  :party:
Thanks

You should run your ed30 on 99/97ron anyway whether it's mapped or not. You can map it to use 95ron but why use an inferior fuel? You will get a better MPG and performance with the quality fuel.
Replacing your DV is recomended after a map because the factory fitted DV 's have a habit of splitting. I replaced mine the same time my car was mapped.
The revo SPS switch allows you to switch between stock mode and performance mode once your car is mapped.
Once you get it done you will love it.... :evilgrin:

http://www.revotechnik.com/index.php?mod=sps_plus

Hope this makes sence?

Offline RussZS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 12:09:50 am »
Where are you?  I'm in Walsall

I took mine to Will at P-Torque and am very happy with the map.  Happy to take you out in it..
www.midlandscarcare.co.uk - www.facebook.com/midlandscarcare

I used to be indecisive.......... but now I'm not so sure!