Make a donation

Author Topic: Best suspension vfm  (Read 987 times)

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Best suspension vfm
« on: September 16, 2011, 10:50:56 pm »
Due to a bank error in my favour I can now go and get some nice new suspension, if money is no object what is the best value for money set up i can get? Sorry if wrong section  :ashamed:
Just after some good suggestions.
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.
To be fitted: Reverse Camera & uprated headunit.

Future plans: De-dent & Detail

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Best suspension vfm
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 10:48:00 am »
if money is no object you could get the suspension off a Lamborghini... and the rest of the Lamborghini to go with it :p.

KW V3s are meant to be top dog aren't they? I run Weitec Hicon GTs and for the amount I paid (£400 2nd hand with 3k miles on) i'm very happy with them
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 10:56:27 am »
Depends what your doing with the car i.e track work, if so KW V3/Clubsports or Bilstien pss10 would be best or if you want to go crazy then ohlins are releasing a kit for the mk5.

If not then kw v1's or similar are proably a better option all depends what your doing with the car really if you want the best vfm.

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 04:38:21 pm »
The ohlins kit on the mk5 are not coilovers ! for some reason the ohlins r&t range are non height adjustable struts with external damping control and at £1500 squid for the shocks only pretty expensive

Up to £ 500 id be looking at koni srts or ap coilovers
Up to £ 700 id be looking at bilstein b12 or kw v1s

After that as mentioned you have your v3s, b16, ect ect.
Id be looking at the b12s or kw v1s if you want coilovers, i think they are probabably as much as anyone would ever need for road and a couple of track days.

MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN