Make a donation

Author Topic: News < strange one this, but finding it hard  (Read 903 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
News < strange one this, but finding it hard
« on: September 14, 2011, 06:36:07 pm »
Son has got to do some homework on local and national stories over the last week....

Anyone know a good link/site that shows you news for specific days? must be blind.....but can't find back dated links on online papers etc.

?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline golf nutter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
Re: News < strange one this, but finding it hard
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 07:32:54 pm »
cant think of any off the top of my head...but i thought local papers were the best for that sort of thing.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 07:35:10 pm »
they are, just finding it hard to look for back-dated stories
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 07:35:31 pm »
Well on Sickipedia you can select this week and you can more or less judge the weeks news from that :signLOL:

But on a more serious note on the independent website select home/uk/home news then at the bottom of the page you can select previous pages and bring up older news articles. Not sure if other News paper sites are the same as we only have access to The Independent at work :sad1:

Hope that helps :happy2:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline wisebuddah

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 07:38:41 pm »

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 07:40:08 pm »
Have you got an iPad/iPhone? If so the Metro app (Metro is a freebie paper that you can pick up at tube stations), allows you to view the last months papers.

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 07:50:04 pm »
Try, for example, www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk or www.thisislondon.co.uk etc.  Most counties have a www. thisis.... website for local news and sports stories.  :happy2:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 09:13:28 pm »
? Not letting me give thanks out......

Anyway thanks all, was a help!